Whitney Elkins Hutten, Real Estate Investor, Spotted Dog Holdings, LLC and Ash Capital LLC reveals some little-known Tips that will help investors partner with the right deal sponsors whom they can trust with their hard earned money.
What is the best way to learn the ropes of the syndication business? How do you streamline your workflow in a complicated business with multiple stakeholders? You will learn some Expert Tips that will help you accurately vet a deal sponsor. Other topics discussed include automation, pros, and cons of various asset classes and implementing rigid systems and process. Tune to start learning.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces Whitney Elkins-Hutten
- [01:01] – Whitney PIVOTS towards real estate investing in order to regain greater control over her finances
- [02:07] – Why did Whitney start syndicating deals?
- [03:55] – As a limited partner, Whitney is still learning the ropes of the business
- [05:43] – Working with the right deal sponsor is the most critical aspect of the syndication business
- [06:40] – How to educate yourself and learn the nuances of the syndication business
- [07:25] – Questions that you should ask a deal sponsor in the vetting process
- [09:03] – Which attributes did Whitney look for in her deal sponsor while investing on a recent deal?
- [10:46] – How rigid systems and processes allow Whitney to rehab properties from a distance too
- [12:36] – Whitney shares how having a checklist can help you improve your business
- [13:47] – The importance of working “on” your business rather than “in” your business
- [15:35] – Whitney reveals some interesting details about the 1400 unit, self-storage deal that she recently invested in
- [17:04] – How did Whitney find a deal sponsor for the self-storage property
- [18:15] – Advantages of multifamily syndication over other asset classes
- [19:41] – What advice does Whitney have for single-family investors who wish to get into syndication?
- [20:13] – What has been the hardest part of the syndication business for Whitney?
- [20:46] – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Whitney’s success?
- [21:13] – Whitney cautions investors to follow the right metrics and set the right goals
- [22:03] – Can you automate your bookkeeping so that you can concentrate on more value-added work?
- [22:33] – Whitney shares her contact information
- [22:50] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [23:04] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to vet and find a suitable real estate sponsor whom you can trust with your hard earned money
- The ART of implementing rigid systems and processes to streamline your workflow
- How to find the right deal that can generate good ROI for you and your investors