Amy Wan, founder & CEO, Bootstrap Legal reveals why having a knowledgeable and experienced attorney on board is a prerequisite for successful real estate syndication.
This show starts off with Amy sharing her background information. How did Amy end up in real estate law? And, why did she transition from the corporate world to Bootstrap Legal? What are some legal aspects that Amy can help you out with?
In this show, you will learn the difference between a joint venture and syndication. Reg D 506 (b) vs. Reg D 506 (c) – what is the difference? We delve into the pros and cons of each regulation to reveal which is the right option for you. Amy also shares some norms that syndicators need to aware of when networking on social media. Towards the end, Amy shares how she can help a new and inexperienced syndicator figure out the ropes of the business. Tune in for great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Amy to listeners
- 01:08 – Amy shares her background information; how did she get involved in the real estate law?
- 02:32 – Amy reveals her “Why” for founding Bootstrap legal
- 05:14 – What is the smallest capital raise that Amy is involved in?
- 06:17 – Joint venture vs. syndication – Amy explains the difference in simple terms
- 08:09 – Can your attorney help you figure out the right regulation for your syndication business?
- 09:21 – Should you hire an attorney as soon as you venture into the syndication business?
- 10:10 – Networking Tips and Tricks for real estate syndicators
- 11:29 – Are there any restrictions in capital raising under Regulation D 506 (b)?
- 13:02 – What are the advantages and disadvantages of raising capital under Regulation D 506 (c)?
- 14:16 – Is it a good idea for new syndicators to raise capital via crowdfunding under Regulation D 506 (c)?
- 15:59 – Should experienced syndicators raise capital under Regulation D 506 (c)?
- 17:33 – Do’s and Don’ts for real estate syndicators who wish to advertise on social media
- 18:20 – Text LEARN to 474747 to learn the nuances of multifamily syndication from Vinney Chopra
- 20:19 – What are some common mistakes that syndicators make?
- 21:42 – Typical questions that experienced syndicators ask Amy
- 23:20 – How can Amy help new investors syndicate their first deal?
- 25:25 – Recommended Tools for managing your systems and processes
- 27:54 – How is Amy giving back to the real estate community?
- 28:40 – What is the ONE thing that has contributed to Amy’s success?
- 29:46 – Amy reveals that she is looking for suitable investment opportunities in the syndication space
- 30:47 – Amy shares her contact information
- 31:12 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- 31:36 – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- The role of an attorney in a real estate syndication
- Joint venture vs. Syndication – Understanding the difference
- Pros & Cons of raising capital under Regulation D 506 (b) and Regulation D 506 (c)