Jeremy Roll, Founder, and President, Roll Investment Group shares some nuanced tips that will help investors avoid some common mistakes, mitigate risk and generate good ROI on their real estate investment.
This show starts off with Jeremy sharing why he transitioned to real estate investing from stocks. You will learn how asset diversification can mitigate risk and help generate a stable passive income. Next, we reveal the difference between active and passive investing. Which is the better option for someone who is just starting out in real estate investing?
Jeremy also reveals that investors should take into consideration future trends while making an investment. Lastly, you will learn how to vet a real estate operator. What are some red flags that investors should watch out for? Jeremy shares some common mistakes that investors often make.
Tune in to for some great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – Text LEARN to 474747 and learn the nuances of real estate investing from Vinney
- 02:11– Whitney introduces Jeremy to listeners
- 03:06 – Why did Jeremy transition to real estate investing from stocks?
- 04:15 – Did Jeremy pre-plan on leaving the corporate world when he ventured into real estate investing?
- 06:43 – Mitigating risk in real estate investing
- 07:44 – What is one major disadvantage of real estate syndication?
- 09:27 – Active vs. passive real estate investing – which is the right option for you?
- 10:40 – Can you liquidate your real estate holdings quickly?
- 11:35 – How diversification can help reduce risk in real estate investing
- 13:04 – Should inexperienced investors start off as passive investors?
- 13:43 – What is the best and most efficient way to learn about real estate investing?
- 17:00 – How did Jeremy learn the ropes of real estate syndication?
- 18:26 – Jeremy analyses the current real estate market situation
- 19:08 – Real estate is the domain of long-term investors
- 19:56 – How population growth and disruptive technologies can affect your real estate investment
- 22:32 – Is your operator skillset the most important consideration?
- 24:24 – Importance of working with a conservative operator who under promises and over delivers
- 25:06 – Expert Tips for vetting a real estate sponsor
- 26:29 – Importance of understanding a real estate operating agreement
- 27:20 – What is a cash call? Jeremy reveals how a cash call option can be disastrous for investors
- 28:16 – Should you conduct a background check on your operator?
- 29:37 – What has been the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Jeremy?
- 30:04 – What is the number one thing that has contributed to Jeremy’s success?
- 30:39 – How does Jeremy give back to the real estate community?
- 31:17 – Jeremy shares his contact information
- 31:45 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- 31:48 – Join our Facebook group to connect with a group of like-minded individuals and real estate experts
- 32:05 – A Special Thanks to our gracious sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Active Investing vs. Passive Investing – which is the right option for you?
- How to forecast future trends in real estate investing
- How to vet and work with the right real estate operators who UNDERPROMISES and OVERDELIVERS
- Red Flags in real estate investing