In today’s episode, we are joined by Pat Flynn to talk about his experience in the competitive world of single-family real estate. In his first year of working full-time, Pat managed to secure one hundred properties. While this may seem like an extraordinarily high number, Pat did a great deal of behind the scenes work that lead up to him being able to achieve this.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He was armed with his ‘book smarts,’ a hunger to find as many deals as possible and through networking, his career skyrocketed. Pat highlights the importance of networking, no matter how difficult it might initially be for you. Through meeting people who are doing well in the space you would like to work in, you can find ways to add value to their lives, in whatever way possible. Slowly but surely, you will become indispensable to them, but it does require some initial sacrifice. While it may seem difficult at the time, always have the big picture and the end goal clearly in mind, especially when things get hard. In doing so, you will always find the strength that you need to push through any tough situation. To be inspired, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What planted the idea of investing in real estate in Pat’s head while he was in high school.
- How Pat was able to do one hundred deals in his first year working full-time.
- Why working for free can help long term success, even if you don’t make money short-term.
- Acquisition is the most profitable part of the deal, so it is important to focus on it.
- Some of the marketing strategies that YellowBird is using to get properties.
- How Pat’s military background has enabled him to succeed and push through difficulty.
- Why grit is the most important quality you need in order to succeed.
- Controlling the ways you react to situations helps you get through hard times.
- Many people don’t understand how much failure it takes in order to succeed.
- Small, daily efforts accumulate and result in big changes over time.
- Why it is important to focus, rather than trying to working on different projects at a time.
[bctt tweet=”Find somebody that’s killing it in the syndication space and see how you can add value to them for free. That’s what launched me to the next level and I think it’s the same with any business. — Patt Flynn” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Pat Flynn
Pat Flynn is the Vice President of Yellowbird Homebuyers, directly managing and overseeing property acquisitions and direct marketing. Pat was commissioned as an Ensign in the USNR and sailed in the U.S Merchant Marine Fleet for 7 years traveling the world. He started his real estate career in 2017, purchasing over 100 homes during his first year.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: