Welcome to another episode on the Real Estate Syndication Show! We are joined today by Annie Dickerson and Julie Lam, the cofounders of Goodegg Investments. Together with their team, they teach new and aspiring syndicators how to raise capital and invest passively, and recently they have also launched a new online course, Capital Raiser Academy, which serves and supports people who want to learn more about this important aspect of the business.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, you will hear all about this new venture, including why raising capital needs to be the top priority and the systems you require to make the process simpler and run more smoothly. You will also learn how you can get investors on your calendar before even getting on a call with them, how you can employ blog posts and videos to this end and what you can do to add value to your target audience by presenting yourself as an expert. Annie and Julie also share what has been the most difficult aspect for them and how focusing on a few things rather than on 50 different tasks will prove to be much more effective! Tune in to hear more about their standout approach!
Key Points from This Episode:
- Why new syndicators should focus on capital raising before anything else.
- Some of the systems in their academy that will help people to start raising capital.
- All the amazing benefits of joining their academy – including the mastermind effect!
- What sets Capital Raiser Academy apart from any other syndicator course.
- A few tips for getting investors on your calendar before even talking to them.
- The importance of knowing who you are trying to help and adding value to this group.
- Finding a platform in social media groups and presenting yourself as an expert.
- Scaling and finding enough investors as one of the biggest challenges in syndication.
- Good advice about preparing for the potential economic downturn.
- Identifying and focusing on the top three things that will move the needle for your business.
- Caring for investors by remaining engaged and inviting them to ask questions.
- How significantly their complementary partnership has contributed to their success.
- And much more!
[bctt tweet=”We have always focused on capital raising first and foremost because it takes a lot of time to get people to plunk down $50,000, $100,000 with you over a period of five years. That takes a lot of trust and trust doesn’t happen overnight. — Annie @GoodeggInvests” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Annie Dickerson and Julie Lam
Julie and Annie are the co-founders and managing partners of Goodegg Investments, a company that helps people learn about and invest in real estate syndications. To date, Goodegg Investments has co-syndicated over $400 million of real estate assets in multifamily, self-storage, and manufactured home parks. Julie and Annie have recently launched a new online course, Capital Raiser Academy, which helps people who want to learn how to raise capital for syndications or who want to take their capital raising business to the next level.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: