Our guest on the show today is Anthony Griffin, the founder of Griffin Group LLC, a commercial property investment firm located in Jackson, Mississippi. After quitting his job as a government employee, Anthony started his entrepreneurial journey of real estate investing, stepping out in faith to purchase a building in a “rough” neighborhood with his retirement savings.
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Adam Adams is THE Raising Money Coach. His clients don’t have to be great salespeople because they are getting noticed by passive investors. The money is literally being attracted to them. There is a qualification process to work with Adam. Book your first interview here: http://bit.ly/AppointmentWithAdamAdams
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Despite the initial obstacles, he managed to make a significant profit and later went on to start a construction company that benefits their business in numerous ways, the most meaningful of which is their ability to do all property renovations in-house. Anthony discusses why he chose to focus on commercial rather than residential properties, how he and his team have prepared from the coming recession and a few practical tips for improving your business today. Join us for today’s conversation to learn all about transitioning from a “safe” job to a career in real estate investing!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Anthony’s entry into the world of investing in 2004 and the nature of his first property.
- Having a gut feeling about the property despite the many challenges it presented.
- How a mentor encouraged him to learn as much as he could.
- The incident that convinced him to quit his job working for the government.
- The incredible benefit of owning a construction company to do the renovation on properties.
- Transitioning from a day job to becoming an entrepreneur and business owner.
- Realizing the meagre retirement that was projected for him working for the state.
- Taking the major leap of faith to use their retirement savings to purchase a building.
- Why Anthony chose to specialize in commercial rather than residential real estate.
- Keeping properties clean and safe and other advice for aspiring real estate investors.
- How Anthony and his team are preparing for the incoming economic downturn.
- Improving your business by minimizing debt, knowing your numbers and buying cheaply.
[bctt tweet=”Every investor looks back at a moment in his career when you get that light bulb that somebody gives you and tells you that there are other things on the way. — Anthony Griffin” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Anthony Griffin
Anthony Griffin is the founder of Griffin Group, LLC, a commercial property investment firm located in Jackson, Mississippi. He has been investing in real estate for over 13 years and is also a licensed Home Builder. Before he started his entrepreneurial journey, he was the property manager/comptroller for a portfolio of over 2.5 million square feet of office space. A run-in with his former boss was a blessing in disguise that caused him to open his own investment firm as well as start an insurance agency that handled commercial and personal insurance lines. His unique blend of experience has allowed him to quickly build his own firm and to help other investors in his local market. Anthony and his wife also homeschool their sons while growing their business together. They are true FamilyPreneurs. You can find him on www.anthonygriffinblog.com for more info on what he’s working on.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: