In today’s episode, we are joined by Clinton Orr, to talk about the hugely important topic of insurance. While typically not the most exciting part of the syndication business, insurance is crucial for a host of reasons that Clinton elaborates on. Along with insurance itself being important, it is also key that you deal with an industry specialist.
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Adam Adams is THE Raising Money Coach. His clients don’t have to be great salespeople because they are getting noticed by passive investors. The money is literally being attracted to them. There is a qualification process to work with Adam. Book your first interview here: http://bit.ly/AppointmentWithAdamAdams
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
This ensures that you always get the most appropriate, responsive insurance package for your unique context. Expertise is also important because the insurance industry is undergoing a great number of changes and the conventional, fixed price per door method is no longer the most suitable way of calculating insurance costs. Instead, there are several nuances and pieces that need to be considered that those without in-depth industry knowledge may not see. Clinton is incredibly knowledgeable about the industry and provides an array of valuable insights into the often neglected world of insurance. For all this and more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The effects of some of the recent shifts that have occurred in the insurance industry.
- What Clinton does to help clients in light of these industry changes.
- Which investment properties Clinton currently has in his portfolio.
- How Clinton helps clients maximize profitability as well as assisting in sale and acquisitions.
- If insurance is lowered, properties look more profitable when they go up for sale.
- The purpose and importance of Clinton’s loss prevention team.
- If you are constantly making claims, you are not a profitable client for insurance companies.
- A checklist of things to look out for when calculating the cost of insurance.
- The difference between seller’s and buyer’s insurance can vary.
- The most frequent underwriting and coverage insurance mistakes that Clinton sees.
- Taking the initial insurance cost at face value alone can often lead to mistakes.
- How the property is financed affects the insurance you are able to get.
[bctt tweet=”Insurance is peace of mind. That’s what I sell. I sell peace of mind. — @ClintOrrAgency” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Clinton Orr’s Contact Number — 256-975-4964
About Clinton Orr
Clinton Orr is a specialist in Multifamily Insurance, and a Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist. Since 2011, he has insured all types of multifamily properties across the United States, and has become an expert in FANNIE MAE and FREDDIE MAC loans. His passion for real estate started at a young age, watching his parents successfully invest in real estate. At the age of 19, Clinton started his own real estate investment company, while attending the University of Central Florida, and has invested in many types of properties. Since starting his career in insurance, his goal has always been to take the mundane and mysterious world of insurance, and teach it to investors, as a tool to maximize profitability and to assist in both the sale and acquisition of properties.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: