Since its purchase by Microsoft, LinkedIn has become far more than a place to show your resume and provides a unique set of functionality compared with other social media platforms too. One of the ways it can be used is as a powerful tool to connect with high net worth investors and Yakov Smart joins us on the show today to tell us how. Yakov is an internationally recognized LinkedIn expert and the author of Disrupting LinkedIn. He’s known as the leading authority when it comes to raising private capital by tapping into a new way of using LinkedIn.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In our conversation with Yakov, we hear about how much the platform has changed in recent years, and he talks about why high net-worth individuals love to use it. The platform offers many software tools that help users build their credibilities such as video capabilities, multistep messaging, filtered list building, and various other automation, which Yakov explains in detail today. He has developed what he calls the SPOT formula, a process that acts as a how-to for finding high net worth investors, meeting them, and getting to the point where they make the offer to invest in you, not the other way round. He explains how to build filtered lists for locating exactly the right type of prospective investors, how to reach out to wide amounts of them daily, what to do in the first phase of messaging to build trust and credibility, and how to make your profile cast you as an authority in your space. He also gets into the benefits of business pages, how to avoid sending InMail, how to avoid common mistakes, and what users can expect to pay for the amazing tools LinkedIn offers. Tune in and hear about how you can step up your LinkedIn game and find tons of new investors today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Yakov’s journey with social media, realizing the potential of LinkedIn to generate business.
- How Yakov translated his new way of using LinkedIn into a coaching service.
- Yakov’s primary LinkedIn coaching service: teaching people to use it for raising capital.
- How LinkedIn has changed and become a great place to link with high net worth investors.
- Understanding how LinkedIn differs from other social media by prioritizing business networks.
- The average income of LinkedIn users that proves high net worth people use it.
- LinkedIn’s upgrade since being purchased by Microsoft from a CV platform to much more.
- No gatekeeping and the ease with which investors can be connected with on LinkedIn.
- UI upgrades, engagement increases, and why doctors and the like love using LinkedIn.
- Perceiving people being videoed as successful and LinkedIn’s allowance for video.
- Multistep messages: the ease with which investors can be engaged on LinkedIn.
- How LinkedIn can be automated, making finding investors even easier.
- Using the SPOT formula to optimize the process of finding investors.
- Avoiding InMail by connecting formally through the three-tiered connection process.
- Tips for establishing credibility with a new potential investor in the initial messaging process.
- What to do once an investor has raised their hand to invest with you.
- Specifics of the automation process and reaching hundreds of new connections each day.
- The uses of business pages: credibility and getting your content seen more widely.
- Costs users can expect to incur if they make use of the LinkedIn filtration software.
- Common mistakes made on LinkedIn: bad profiles, messaging techniques, and more.
[bctt tweet=”We think of LinkedIn as a social media. I think of it as social media for raising capital and making quality connections, certainly. — Yakov Smart” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Yakov Smart
Yakov Smart is the Founder and President of Linked Lead Enterprises. LLE gives business owners and companies a new way of attracting A-Listers using LinkedIn. More than 350 businesses across at least 18 different US States and four different countries have discovered a new way of using LinkedIn as a result of LLE events, on-demand training, premium consulting packages, and agency services. Yakov is internationally recognized as a leading authority on LinkedIn marketing and has appeared as a guest on numerous media outlets. Yakov’s book, Disrupting LinkedIn, was forwarded by marketing legend Ryan Stewman. He frequently appears on stages at business conferences across the country and has shared the stage with Samantha DeBianci of Bravo’s hit tv show, Million Dollar Listing. A resident of Scottsdale, Arizona, Yakov is a life-long learner, avid traveler, Arizona Marketing Association Hall of Famer, and sought-after advisor to multiple CEO masterminds.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: