As syndicators, we all want to attract high net worth investors, but landing these big fish isn’t always easy. Not only are they usually extremely busy individuals, but they likely have many others vying for their investment, so you have to ensure that you find a way to stand out. Today’s guest, Dan Handford, is an expert in brand-building and is here to share some of his most valuable tips on finding those high net worth individuals.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
What Dan shares on the show today is a sneak peek into the Multifamily Investor Nation Summit, and our listeners get 10% off, using the promo code ‘Whitney.’ We kick off the show by learning more about the importance of finding your avatar and some ways to understand what they’re thinking. Dan found his investors by sharing his stories as a business owner both of his successes and failures. By putting himself out there, he gave people a chance to know him, and then from there, he could build trust. We then dive into the incredible way that PassiveInvesting.com stay in touch with their investors. Their monthly newsletter certainly goes the extra mile and really ensures investors are in the loop. From there, Dan shares other ways he communicates with potential investors. From personalized texts to giving them his contact card to sending pre-call videos, Dan leaves no stone unturned. He wants to build long-lasting relationships where investors do multiple projects with them. We round the show off by discussing some strategies to get in front of high net worth individuals as well as the incredible way that Dan likes to give back. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- It’s important to know your targeted avatar, their fears, concerns, and constraints very well.
- Learn more about the investor triad and why there’s always one piece missing.
- Find out what Dan did to niche down on his high net worth avatar.
- Find your audience and build a fence around them: Dan’s top tips on the follow-up.
- Some of the ways that Dan and his company stay in contact with investors.
- Learn about Dan’s high touch approach he takes when reaching out to potential investors.
- Ways to stay in contact with potential investors after reaching out but before the first deal.
- Don’t wait for perfection. Get started and work on improving things as you go along.
- Different ways to find high net worth investors and the importance of using a multi-modal approach.
- How Dan likes to give back.
[bctt tweet=”They will never have an opportunity to actually like or trust you if you don’t do something to get people to know you. — Dan Handford” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Dan Handford
Dan and his wife, Dennae, along with their 4 children (3 girls and a boy), reside and work in Columbia, SC. Dan has an extensive successful background in starting multiple seven-figure businesses from scratch including a large group of non-surgical orthopedic medical clinics located in South Carolina. His family of companies has annual budgets of over $10MM. He is the founder of the Multifamily Investor Nation where he educates a nationwide group (25,000+ members) of multifamily investors on how to properly invest in multifamily assets. He is the co-host, along with his wife, Dennae, of the Tough Decisions for Entrepreneurs.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: