Groundbreaker is a software platform that helps real estate investment firms with automating workflows in fundraising, investor reporting, and management. Today on the show we are joined by their founder, Jake Marmulstein! Jake gives us some great insight into the application, his intention behind it, and some of the ways it solves problems for investors and brokers.
Our gracious sponsor:
You could feed a child for a dollar a day… But what if children could feed themselves… and feed their family and generations to come?
Leaders Yielding to New Knowledge, or LY2NK, is a non-profit organization that focuses on empowering people to form self-sufficient, sustainable communities. LY2NK gives a hand up not a handout.
To learn more, visit LY2NK.com.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We hear from Jake about the experiences that shaped his philosophy towards real estate and how this led to creating Groundbreaker before he offers some practical advice for investors who might be new to the game! He talks about the user-experience of his software, getting started, and how all of this translates for each company that uses it. We also get into questions of security, best practices, and onboarding. One of the main goals for Groundbreaker was to make the adoption as easy as possible, even for those without much technical know-how. The last part of our conversation is spent thinking about cross-platform integration and some possible next developments for the company! Be sure to join us to hear it all from Jake.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The work that Jake did that preceded the founding of Groundbreaker.
- Jake’s advice to investors around faster returns and how high to aim.
- Improving investor relationships through Groundbreaker; plus sides to the software.
- The user-friendliness for operators and the focus on ease of use of the platform.
- Questions to ask and factors to consider with new software.
- Getting the ball rolling, creating a new offering and the process of a new deal.
- Branding on the platform and the unique look to each company’s portal.
- Common concerns around the limits on the software that Jake encounters.
- The onboarding process and integrations with Groundbreaker — more questions for Jake.
- Timelines for onboarding and account creation with Groundbreaker.
- Security for investors and their information, and the biggest risks to be aware of.
- Integration with other software platforms and Jake’s thoughts on this possibility.
- The importance of company culture and the role it plays in Groundbreaker’s work.
- How never giving up has contributed to Jake’s success.
- Jake’s desire to help entrepreneurs and lending a hand with others’ dreams.
[bctt tweet=”I saw all of these platforms that were just starting out and leveraging those regulations to come to life and attract investors. — @GroundbreakerCo” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Jake Marmulstein
Jake is the founder and CEO of Groundbreaker, a software application that helps real estate investment firms automate workflows in fundraising, investor reporting and investment management. He discovered the inefficiencies of real estate investing firsthand at Watermark Capital Partners, a top real estate investment trust. Jake’s expertise lies in commercial real estate tech and CRMs, scaling with tech, leadership, current and trending real estate deal structures, and investor relations. Jake was recently a guest on Technori and Syndication Attorneys and he understands the importance of bringing value to the conversation!
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: