Life in the real estate business is all about encountering adversity and staying committed through trying times. These are concepts that Nick Prefontaine knows better than most. He was in a near-death snowboarding accident at the age of 14 and his journey of recovery is a testament to a complete force of will and determination. These are the ideas that typify Nick and his family company, Smart Real Estate Coach. Nick is an expert buyer and seller and has a remarkable story that everyone can learn from.
Our gracious sponsor:
A Cost Segregation Study typically generates accelerated depreciation deductions ranging from 15% – 45%; Whether Commercial Real Estate was acquired, built-new, or renovated over the past 15-years, a Cost Segregation Study can still be performed…and there’s no amending of past tax-returns required; All Cost Segregation Providers are NOT created equal…if your Provider does NOT have a Certified Cost Segregation Professional (CCSP) on-staff, then you’re at higher risk of a failed IRS audit; There are ONLY (43) Certified Cost Segregation Professionals (CCSPs) in the entire United States…(8) CCSPs are employed by Bedford. Visit www.bedfordteam.com
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
It teaches us all about taking the next step, focussing on the positives, and how to get better every single day! Nick is also the co-author of the best-selling book, The New Rules of Real Estate and we are lucky enough to hear about some of the philosophy that it contains in today’s episode! Nick takes us through his difficult path to full health, his feelings through these tough times, and how a family steadfastness and support system helped him through. We also chat about Nick’s early work in real estate around the 2008 downturn, and how he transformed this success into a career in coaching alongside his family. Nick shares what he believes sets his company apart and the importance of his morning routine, as well the channels he likes to pursue to meet new investors. Tune in to hear it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Nick’s unfortunate snowboarding accident when he was in eighth grade.
- An induced coma, massive weight loss and then learning to walk again.
- The therapy sessions that Nick did in order to regain use of his body and speech.
- Initial feelings after the accident and the support that helped Nick through the challenge.
- The power of getting started and setting aside thoughts of failure and setbacks.
- Going back to school and graduating eighth grade despite the accident!
- How Nick went from a successful career as a realtor to coaching on the subject.
- The lessons that Nick carries forward from his accident into his current work.
- The factors that set Nick and his company apart from the rest of the field.
- Ways for meeting new investors — Nick’s preferred methods.
- How Nick’s morning routine has contributed to his success!
- The way in which Nick likes to give back; The Prefontaine Fund at Franciscan Hospital.
- Getting in touch with Nick and Smart Real Estate Coach!
[bctt tweet=”When I got to the ICU, the doctors told my parents that I probably wouldn’t walk, talk or eat on my own ever again. — @SmartRECoach” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Nick Prefontaine
Nick is part of the Smart Real Estate Coach family, located in Newport, Rhode Island. He recently co-authored the best-selling book, The New Rules of Real Estate, working alongside his father, and brother-in-law, and sister. Nick got started in the real estate business at a young age and is now focussing on working with lease purchasers, helping them on their path to ownership. His near-death snowboarding accident in 2003 left him in a coma and almost paralyzed him for life. The lessons he learned, regaining his strength and use of his body have continued to inform his work and attitude to life, to this day.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: