When we hear people’s success stories, we often do not realize the hard work, sacrifices, and setbacks they had to endure to get there. No one understands the effort that it takes to make your dreams a reality better than today’s guest, Andrew Keel. In this episode, Andrew talks about his journey in the mobile home park space.
Our gracious sponsor:
A Cost Segregation Study typically generates accelerated depreciation deductions ranging from 15% – 45%; Whether Commercial Real Estate was acquired, built-new, or renovated over the past 15-years, a Cost Segregation Study can still be performed…and there’s no amending of past tax-returns required; All Cost Segregation Providers are NOT created equal…if your Provider does NOT have a Certified Cost Segregation Professional (CCSP) on-staff, then you’re at higher risk of a failed IRS audit; There are ONLY (43) Certified Cost Segregation Professionals (CCSPs) in the entire United States…(8) CCSPs are employed by Bedford. Visit www.bedfordteam.com
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
While he now has a successful business and has achieved financial freedom, Andrew and his wife had to give up a great deal to get there, including living in a mobile home for several months while it was being fixed! We also hear more about the issues Andrew faced when he scaled his business after working alone for some time. He sheds light on the systems and processes he has since put in place to deal with a growing company. Along with this, Andrew touches on one of our favorite topics — virtual assistants! We hear about how VAs have helped his business run more smoothly as well as the responsibilities he has delegated to them. If you are feeling low on motivation and looking for an inspiring story, this is the show for you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear about Andrew’s real estate journey and what drew him to mobile home parks.
- Some of the deals that Andrew has done since learning about mobile home parks.
- What gave Andrew confidence to take action despite having no knowledge about this asset class.
- The struggles and growing pains Andrew faced when he started scaling.
- How having a supportive wife has helped Andrew push through difficult times.
- Andrew’s first hire and how this relationship has allowed the Keel Team flourish.
- The importance of having systems in place and some of the tools Andrew uses to help with this.
- The responsibilities of Andrew’s virtual assistants, where they’re based, and pay structure.
- What’s in the pipeline for the Keel Team.
- The hardest part of Andrew’s journey so far, a recent business improvement, and the biggest contributor to his success.
[bctt tweet=”Having that supportive spouse really is monumental to what I was able to do. — @AndrewKeel” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Andrew Keel
Andrew Keel is the owner of Keel Team, LLC, a Top 100 Owner of Manufactured Housing Communities with over 1,000 lots under management. His team currently manages 20 manufactured housing communities across eight states – AR, IA, IL, IN, MN, OH, PA and TN. His expertise is in turning around under-managed manufactured housing communities by utilizing proven systems to maximize the occupancy while reducing operating costs.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: