Perhaps you’ve heard of the term servant leadership? However, if you’re new to the concept, it can be boiled down to the conscious decision made by an individual to lead others, based on their intrinsic motivation to serve others, rather than the desire to accumulate and wield power. Today’s guest is Adam Ulery, who considers servant leadership to be his superpower. Adam is a business agility consultant focused on helping organizations clarify and meet their business outcomes.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He is also a real estate investor, helping busy business people energize their retirement plans through multifamily real estate investing. Adam is Head of Investor Relations for Dreamstone Investments and the cohost of the Tech Guys Who Invest Podcast and the Tampa Cashflow Education Group Meetup. In this episode, Adam shares a bit about his background as an agile consultant and explains how he got into real estate as what he describes as an “average guy”. During our conversation, we learn about why servant leadership is important to Adam, how he got himself out of a scarcity mindset by surrounding himself with the right people, and how having an abundance mindset positively affects all areas of his life. We also learn more about how the SAVERS routine keeps him motivated. Finally. Adam explains why we all need to believe that we can do anything, reading an educating ourselves and, most importantly, taking action. Don’t miss this episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Adam shares what it means to be an agile consultant and how he first got into real estate.
- What servant leadership is, and why Adam considers it to be his superpower.
- What helping people by leading means on a day-to-day basis and why it is so beneficial.
- How Adam got himself past a scarcity mindset by surrounding himself with positive people.
- Adam stayed encouraged and focused by seeking out positive messages from mentors.
- How Adam is using this abundance mindset and positive attitude across his day job and in his real estate business.
- The SAVERS routine from Hal Elrod and how it helped Adam stay motivated and positive.
- Adam shares some of his most influential books, both for himself and now for his kids too.
- Adam suggests coming with a spirit of humbleness – it makes it difficult to be negative!
- The hardest part of Adam’s syndication journey has been moving beyond fear.
- Adam has recently improved his business by introducing monthly retrospectives.
- Adam believes that the number one thing that has contributed to his success has been drive.
- The Tech Guys Who Invest Podcast has been Adam’s best source for meeting new investors.
- Adam likes to give back by educating people and helping them grow.
[bctt tweet=”Me and my team just closed a 90-unit deal last month. We’re under contract on our 100-unit deal right now that we expect to close in a little over a month. I never would have thought I could do something like that. It all begins with your mindset. It really begins with believing you can, and educating yourself, and then taking action. — @AdamUlery” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Adam Ulery
Adam Ulery is a business agility consultant focused on helping organizations clarify and meet their business outcomes. He helps companies become resilient, rediscover curiosity, and change their traditional approach to business and product development, working primarily in software development. Adam is also a real estate investor helping busy business people energize their retirement plans through multifamily real estate investing. Adam is head of Investor Relations for Dreamstone Investments and is the co-host of Tech Guys Who Invest podcast and Tampa Cashflow Education meetup. Most importantly, Adam is a Christ-follower, a husband and a father of two beautiful daughters. He loves traveling and experiencing life with his family.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: