Syndicators need to sell trust before they can even hope to sell a deal. In this episode, we speak with Derek Peterson, CEO of Adapt Media Agency, about a must-use marketing strategy that will help you build trust and expand your reach. After introducing Derek, we talk about how he enjoys working across the business spectrum. That way, he can add a personal and creative touch without relying on cookie-cutter templates.
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Never let money be a barrier to closing deals. Learn the secrets to attracting passive investors at the Virtual Raising Money Summit. https://whitney.raisingmoneysummit.com/
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He then introduces the concept of the ‘thought leader platform — a strategy that develops trust with your audience by delivering value to them. Derek shares how you can shape your platform to fit with your strengths and why commitment and consistency are needed when building your content. We then dive into why you need an engaging website and how your website can continue the process of indoctrinating your audience. Derek touches on top marketing tools including using video content, email marketing, lead magnets, and search engine optimization (SEO). Near the end of the episode, Derek gives listeners an overview of the first steps they should take to market themselves and grow trust with potential investors. As online has become the new ‘face-to-face’ and our websites have become brick-and-mortar storefronts, marketing is more important than ever. Tune in to hear how you can apply Derek’s genius marketing strategy.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing Derek and the role that Adapt Media Agency plays in marketing businesses.
- Why companies are selling trust first, and then a product second.
- The first step in marketing; developing a way of having your voice heard.
- How becoming a thought leader builds trust and helps people get to know you.
- Derek emphasizes the commitment that’s required to become a thought leader.
- Creating a place for people to engage with you; the second step in marketing your business.
- How an engaging website can help win your users over to your brand.
- The importance of knowing your ‘customer avatar’ — who your investors will be.
- Tips on developing trust if you’re a new syndicator without a long track record.
- Catering for our short attention spans and using video to humanize you.
- Why you should always give to your users before asking anything of them.
- Hear why you need lead magnets, email marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Derek provides an overview of the first steps you should take to market yourself.
- Improving your business and attaining success by keeping it fresh and being consistent.
[bctt tweet=”There are a lot of different lures that we can throw in the water to start to develop you as a thought leader. And there are many marketing firms that can help you through that process. — Derek Peterson” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Derek Peterson
As the founder of Adapt You & Adapt Media, Derek is committed to helping people and businesses do one thing — CHANGE. After graduating with a degree in Marketing, Derek headed into “big corporate”. Quickly moving up the ranks with companies such as ADP, Covidien & Allergan, he amassed key learnings, though he felt his ability to influence necessary change was caged. So he made a career & life-altering decision to go out on his own. He ADAPTed.
From 2012-Present Derek founded & ran three highly successful organizations. Over the years, his companies have scaled national sales teams to exceed 2500+, developed cutting edge software, and disrupted industries that desperately needed it. Derek’s Adapt Media Agency inspires businesses to change how they market themselves. He believes change is both an art and a science. Steadfast in his commitment to helping others navigate this challenging process, Derek is the person individuals & businesses look to take bold steps towards radical change.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: