Many of us see an opportunity but don’t seize upon it. Our conversation today with Ken Wimberly is a lesson in never wasting your opportunities. With over 15 streams of income ranging from commercial real estate and laundromats to an app, Ken has carefully grown his business to unlock real financial freedom.
Our gracious sponsor:
Gene Trowbridge and Jonathan Nieh, founding partners of the top syndication firm Trowbridge Law Group LLP have a legal team with over 50 years of combined experience in real estate syndication and the practice of real estate securities law. Over this time Gene and his partners, in several past firms and currently, have helped clients raise close to $5.0 billion dollars in offerings by empowering entrepreneurs to raise capital legally. To learn more about Trowbridge Law Group LLP, visit our website at www.trowbridgelawgroup.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
After sharing highlights from his investment career, we talk about Ken’s many ventures. A critical moment, Ken opens up about why finding a business coach accelerated his trajectory, helping him set goals and visualize his future. We chat about the importance of niching down and nurturing relationships with the top players in your niche. We then ask Ken to reveal his secret to building multiple income streams. His answer emphasizes two key factors — building the right teams and focusing on one thing at a time. On the topic of building teams, we discuss Ken’s hiring process and why hiring is a science, not an art. Later, Ken gives listeners advice on picking your business coach, along with insights into how he assesses business opportunities. Near the end of the episode, he gives his own tips on how you can improve your business. A serial entrepreneur with a growth mindset, tune in to hear more juicy details on what Ken did to build his many income streams.
Key Points From This Episode:
- From selling land to creating an app, hear about Ken’s investment journey.
- Why Ken pivoted to a different asset class after the 2008 recession.
- How Ken’s Legacy of Love app helps families to memorialize their history.
- The incredible impact of finding the right business coach.
- Specializing in a niche that has a high velocity in the marketplace.
- Finding success by building relationships with the investors and developers in your niche.
- Building multiple income streams by first creating strong teams and working on one thing at a time.
- Ken’s tips on the hiring process and finding people to lead your business.
- How to find a reputable business coach that found their own success in your industry.
- Assessing business opportunities while also contributing to your community.
- Improving your business by engaging with key posts on Instagram.
- Why developing a growth mindset has been Ken’s “biggest lever to success.”
[bctt tweet=”I started listening to people with really big businesses. All of them talked about the value of mentors and coaches in their life. — Ken Wimberly” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Ken Wimberly
Ken Wimberly is the founder and visionary behind Legacy of Love, LLC. He is married to his soulmate, Amber, and has three children, Grace, Knox, and Kai. A serial entrepreneur, Ken is the founder and Chief Visionary Officer of KW Net Lease Advisors, a commercial real estate brokerage firm headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. He is a founding partner in Laundry Luv, a chain of laundromats with a mission to educate, equip, and inspire the community that they serve. He is also the Operating Principal and Franchise Owner of Keller Williams Realty in Abilene, Texas. From his many business successes, he has built 16 streams of passive income and four streams of active income.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: