What kind of investor are you? Are you an active investor or a passive one? Which one pays the highest return? There are a lot of kinds of investors out there but ultimately how you position your investments matters.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In today’s episode, we speak with the founder of Fortress Federation Investments Rick Martin. Rick talks about his life as a starving artist to being a man who looks over a lot of people in the real estate industry as an operator. Rick also shares how being committed and passionate is important when all your investors are entrusting their hard-earned money to you. Rick helps us understands the difference between active and passive investments and their pros and cons. He also tells us things to ask the sponsor, preferred equity, and refinancing. Tune in to get great pointers about investing today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Rick shares his focus on the real estate industry right now and his expertise.
- Rick elaborates on the benefits of investing in syndication.
- How do you account for all the time spent in the work related to the real estate business?
- What syndicators should be asking operators?
- What passive investors should be asking operators?
- Rick talks about his experience on mindset shifts that have had to take place for him to be successful in this business.
- Rick shares his life as a musician before becoming a real estate operator.
- How to prepare for any possible downturn?
- Rick’s prediction in the real estate market in 6-12 months.
- The daily habits that helped Rick achieve success.
- Rick’s best source from meeting new investors, the number one thing that’s contributed to his success, and how he gives back.
“There are some things that you may not see going into a deal, you may not expect, and just be aware that these types of things do happen.” [0:04:26]
“You do have to take it seriously, you gotta be committed. And, you also have to be passionate about it, so you’re gonna stay in the game.” [0:13:37]
“There’s no reason you have to do one or the other. You can be hybrid and that’s kind of what I’ve done and I’ll continue to do passively still, even though I’m active.” [0:21:07]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Rick Martin
Rick is the founder of Fortress Federation Investments, which brings investors together to purchase apartment communities to help investors build wealth and never-ending income streams. Rick depended on his left-brain to guide him through his creative career but always had his right-brain building his real estate portfolio, which has led him into the multifamily space. His real estate holdings have taken him through Washington State, Nevada, California, Ohio, Indiana, Texas, Florida, and Georgia.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: