An unconventional decision can sometimes lead to greater things. In Charlie Ansanelli’s case, it is finding success in the mobile home park business. Today, we talk to Charlie and he shares how he was able to semi-retire at 33 through investing in mobile home parks.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Charlie talks about how from being a tech entrepreneur, he found success in real estate specifically mobile homes. Charlies says mobile park homes are not pandemic proof – nothing is, but he says it is pandemic resistant. Charlie’s success did not come without hard work and a lot of risks. In this episode, he tells us not to be afraid. Listen in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Charlie shares how he ended up investing in the mobile home park from being a tech entrepreneur.
- Charlie talks about why he did not invest passively.
- Why educating yourself is important to feel confident enough to close a deal.
- Charlie talks about finding his first deal in mobile park homes.
- Charlie shares the steps he took to go to the next level in real estate.
- How Charlie prepares for a downturn.
- Charlie’s predictions for the real estate market, specifically the mobile hamper industry over the next six to 12 months.
- The daily habits that Charlie is disciplined about that helped him achieve success.
- Charlie shares his best source for meeting new investors.
- The number one thing that contributed to his success.
- Charlie shares how he balances work and family.
“I’ve always been a fan of un-sexy things. I was gonna think of chaotic industries. That’s kind of where I tend to sort of believing the value is, and the opportunity to take chaos and organize it is where you can really capture the most value.” [0:04:02]
“I care about their relationships, the people I bring in, they’re not strangers. Even if I don’t know them well, I know that they have a family. I know that they work hard for their money.” [0:09:09]
“I just love business, I just love strung up sleeves and getting dirty, I love figuring things out. I could have probably invested passively but to me, it was really about doing it on my own, learning it inside and out. And I always had a passion for real estate, so it wasn’t something I was like dreaded doing”. [0:09:50]
“I think that people are afraid of failure and so you have to not be afraid of failure. You have to be okay to accept failure but just limit your failure by doing your due diligence and having certain criteria and follow those criteria.” [0:10:56]
“That’s a big thing about mobile home parks that separate it from the pact because tenants are really (a) partner to this whole thing.” [0:10:56]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Charlie Ansanelli
Charlie Ansanelli is a former tech entrepreneur turned full time mobile home park investor-operator who owns and operates 10 mobile home parks comprising over 500 units and over $20 million dollars of current market value. In addition to mobile home park investing, Charlie is also an angel investor and enjoys mentoring other entrepreneurs or people new to the real estate investing space.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: