In any partnership, accountability plays a role for it to be successful. A business partnership is like marriage after all. You need to find someone who has similar values as you. Having an accountability partner means having the two of you accountable for doing everything to achieve success.
Our gracious sponsor:
A Cost Segregation Study typically generates accelerated depreciation deductions ranging from 15% – 45%; Whether Commercial Real Estate was acquired, built-new, or renovated over the past 15-years, a Cost Segregation Study can still be performed…and there’s no amending of past tax-returns required; All Cost Segregation Providers are NOT created equal…if your Provider does NOT have a Certified Cost Segregation Professional (CCSP) on-staff, then you’re at higher risk of a failed IRS audit; There are ONLY (43) Certified Cost Segregation Professionals (CCSPs) in the entire United States…(8) CCSPs are employed by Bedford. Visit https://www.bedfordteam.com/
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, we speak to business partners Shelon Hutchinson and Heath Jones. They share how despite having different career backgrounds — marine and neuroscientist respectively, the partnership they built worked. The two then talk about how they sealed their first deal. They also share how they were able to raise half a million dollars in less than a week. And, they share how to be interesting when you call an investor. Tune in now and learn what an effective partnership can do to your business!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Shelon and Heath talk about their partnership, how they met, and how the partnership has worked out for them.
- Shelon and Heath share how they knew that their partnership will work.
- How they sealed their first deal?
- The top important things to know to be able to raise over half a million dollars in less than a week.
- How to be interesting when you are on a call with an investor?
- Heath shares how he got past being an introvert and started talking to people to be part of a conversation for the business.
- Shelon and Heath share how they prepare for a downturn.
- Shelon and Heath’s predictions on the real estate market over the next six to twelve months.
- The daily habits that helped Shelon and Heath to achieve success.
- Their best source for meeting new investors right now and how they like to give back.
“From an early age, I understood that service is a price you pay for the space that we occupy here on Earth or in whatever country you live.” [0:02:32]
“I didn’t wanna live a restrictive life. I wanted to live a life of abundance.” [0:04:13]
“You wanna find a person or a partner that’s going to see potential in you that you don’t even know you have and then push you to pull it out.” [0”10:17]
“If you’re not smart or if you think you are smart, surround yourself with smarter people.” [0:10:14]
“So just be very interested in (a) creative relationship because when all these apartments and money goes away, the relationship is what we have. So, investors are a by-product of the relationships that we create.” [0:18:36]
“Now getting over the initial fear, that’s just something that you gotta take a deep breath and say, you gotta commit.” [0:22:04]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Shelon Hutchinson and Heath Jones
Hutch and Heath are the hosts of The Multifamily Real Estate Experiment Podcast and the founders of H Squared Capital, which is a multifamily investment firm focused on acquiring apartments in the Southeast markets. Currently, H Squared Capital owns and controls 75 multifamily doors, and aims to provide those who have served in our country’s military the opportunity to improve their financial situation. They do this by bringing retired Service members and accredited investors together to build everyone’s wealth through apartment investing.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: