Are you working full-time now and you wanted to explore opportunities in the real estate market as an investor? If you think it is impossible to still be working full-time and also working in real estate, then you are wrong. There are a lot of people who started in real estate this way and there are still those who juggle work and real estate business, one of them is Apurva Shah.
Our gracious sponsor:
A Cost Segregation Study typically generates accelerated depreciation deductions ranging from 15% – 45%; Whether Commercial Real Estate was acquired, built-new, or renovated over the past 15-years, a Cost Segregation Study can still be performed…and there’s no amending of past tax-returns required; All Cost Segregation Providers are NOT created equal…if your Provider does NOT have a Certified Cost Segregation Professional (CCSP) on-staff, then you’re at higher risk of a failed IRS audit; There are ONLY (43) Certified Cost Segregation Professionals (CCSPs) in the entire United States…(8) CCSPs are employed by Bedford. Visit www.bedfordteam.com
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, we speak to Apurva Shah of JAYS Properties and he shares his experience working his W-2 job and at the same time growing his real estate business. Apurva emphasizes the importance of having processes early on so you will be able to do both your work and handle your business. If you still have doubts if this is doable, listen now and find out!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Apurva shares his background and focus on real estate.
- Apurva talks about how he transitioned from working full time to managing his real estate business.
- The crucial processes that Apruva has that help him save time.
- Apurva shares his experience working with his day job and doing larger deals.
- What is the next big thing for Apurva?
- What is the right time to do your business full-time?
- The hardest part for Apurva for him to grow in real estate.
- What would Apurva have done differently knowing what he knows now?
- How Apurva prepares for a downturn?
- Apruva’s predictions in the real estate market over the next sox tot twelve months.
- The daily habits that helped Apruva achieve success.
- The thought process that Apruva and his business partner have when they do their morning calls thrice a week.
- The number one thing that contributed to Apruva’s success.
- How does Apurva like to give back?
“The skills are transferable. Things that you learn in your W-2 role apply to real estate. And then things that I’m learning in real estate, I’m actually re-applying those back into my W-2 job.” [0:05:30]
“For us you know, while we’re working, things still need to be getting done.” [0:09:29]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Apurva Shah
Apurva moved from New York to Raleigh, NC 6 years ago. Real Estate has always been a passion for him and has become a way of life for the last 10 years. Growing up, he learned the development and operations side of the business by working alongside his father. Today, at JAYS Properties, LLC his focus is on residential/commercial real estate investments, including renovation rehab, office, multifamily, and mobile home parks. He works very closely with other investors to also teach them how to run the business.
Apurva has completed over $40MM in real estate transactions and manages an eight figure portfolio with JAYS Properties, LLC. with a backend focus on operations, negotiating deals for value-add properties, and managing the current and future portfolio.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: