We all recognize the value of building relationships in our real estate business. But how much time are you willing to put in to create those crucial connections? Would you be willing to take a phone call every two minutes, receive a text every 10 seconds, get hundreds of daily emails, and have multiple lunch meetings in a day? Our guest today has done just that and more.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
When he learned the value of building relationships, Matt Teifke of Teifke Real Estate, says he made a commitment to “go all-in on it.” Doing so has enabled him to build a massive network, create a 150-strong RE agents team under his TRE brokerage firm, and co-own a property management company, and a construction and development firm. He believes in the power of connecting and adding value to the people that he meets whether they’re top players in the industry, just getting their license, budding entrepreneurs, or even high school students. Listen now to get to know Matt and gain valuable lessons and insights.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Matt details his current entrepreneurial venture and his background.
- Matt’s ultimate goal to help people unlock the value that real estate can bring
- The unique way that Matt runs his brokerage company.
- The value of building relationships influences Matt in the manner he hires, builds, and manages his team.
- Matt describes his daily schedule and how he tries to achieve work-life harmony vs. work-life balance
- How Matt manages his meeting schedules and why he believes that people with serious intentions will find a way to reach you.
- How the snowball effect helped Matt grow his business.
- Matt’s daily habits that help him maintain success
- The biggest challenge that Matt faced and the one thing he’d do differently if given the chance to redo the past.
- Matt’s predictions on the real estate market
- How Matt’s marketing team plays a big role in finding new investors.
- The metrics that Matt track to measure success and the biggest contributor to his success.
- Matt’s way of giving back
“The ultimate goal is to help people unlock the value that real estate can bring.” [0:02:56]
“When you’re committed and you’re on top of it, there’s no other option. And I genuinely try to look at most things that I do in a very intense manner lie I want to do this as good as I can, I’m gonna be somebody that’s reliable and you can count on, and I pride myself in that.” [0:07:02]
“The beautiful thing about real estate is the snowball effect. Every year in every way, if you’re approaching with some principles like – doing what you say you’re gonna do, follow up, stay in touch, add value, every single thing gets better.” [0:14:10]
“If you look at anybody who’s serious about what they do and committed over a long period of time, of course, it’s gonna be something big.” [0:14:54]
“Are we growing? Are we getting better? Are we adding value? And most importantly, are we being different and unique?” [0:25:39]
“You have to inspire and lead for people to buy in. But the way to keep people bought in is to be accountable.” [0:26:37]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Matt Teifke
Matt is a real estate entrepreneur in Austin, Texas. He runs Teifke Real Estate (TRE) brokerage with over 150 agents, co-hosts The Real Estate Podcast, and co-owns TRE Property Management Solutions and Longhorn Construction & Development. He is a huge believer in the power of connecting and adding value and seeks to shine a light on what is possible and grow with others.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: