Brandon Magierowski is an active syndicator and loan broker; he currently owns multiple multifamily properties in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida and is a graduate of Multifamily University.
Our Gracious Sponsor
Get educated on current and forecasted market trends and valuable insight on real estate-related topics from accredited experts; giving you a competitive edge in the industry.
Sign up for the next Agent Ignite session at www.theruethteam.com/events.
PODCAST PRODUCTION SERVICES
The team that produces The Real Estate Syndication Show is now available to produce podcasts for you! View our list of services and rates here or book a call to know more!
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Brandon is actually living the American Dream. He came from Canada to play baseball. Then he met a girl who became his wife and became a permanent resident. After graduating from school, Brandon started a baseball business where he met one of his current real estate partners. They wanted to invest in real estate, so they hired a coach and joined a mentorship program to learn how to do it. They purchased a triplex and a 6-unit property in just a few months. They wanted to scale, so they went to a boot camp to learn how to syndicate apartments. Their first deal as syndicators was a 119-unit in Lubbock, Texas. In this episode, Brandon will share the lessons he learned throughout his journey in real estate. Listen now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Brandon came from Canada to play baseball.
- He had a baseball business that allowed him to network with other individuals in the sports world. One of them became one of his real estate partners today.
- Three months after they met, they bought their first property in Trade Port, a triplex, and six months after, they purchased a 6-unit apartment.
- They both went to a boot camp where they learned how to syndicate apartments and raise capital.
- They met another partner, and after eight months of being a team, they landed their first deal – a 119-unit in Lubbock, Texas.
- Brandon talks about how to add value to your prospective partners.
- What is Brandon’s advice on finding the right mentoring program or coach?
- What is Brandon’s advice for syndicators who are getting started or trying to figure out how to finance a loan?
- In what way have they recently improved their business?
“It’s not for everybody. It’s super competitive and super challenging. You’ve got to keep the end in mind and it’s very hard when you’re underwriting 100 deals to get one or 150 deals to get one, it could be very deflating. But, if you stick with it and you find the right people, it can be very, very rewarding.” [00:09:29]
“When it comes to syndicating and joining a GP group, the roles are usually established inside those groups, you have your underwriter, you have your capital raising team, you have your asset manager, you get your acquisitions manager. If you’re early in this game, and you wanna syndicate, figure out which one of those roles you wanna be and be the best at it.” [00:07:18]
“Find a mentor that’s not just promoting a lifestyle, they’re promoting action steps.” [00:10:07]
“If you want to attract people to you, and attract people clients or other operators or other GP groups or people to invest in your deals, you’ve gotta tell them what you’re up to and why you’re doing it. [00:12:56]
“It’s a team game, especially early on, you wanna find experienced groups and team up like we did, and we’re always looking to work with good people.” [00:18:31]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Brandon Magierowski
Brandon is an active syndicator and loan broker; he currently owns multiple multifamily properties in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida and is a graduate of Multifamily University.
He is a native of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, Brandon came to Shreveport, Louisiana in 2004 to join the LSU-Shreveport Pilots Baseball Program. Brandon graduated with his Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in 2013, started his own business that same year, and has been an active real estate investor since 2016.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: