Struggling to raise money for your deals? At a loss for words when pitching to investors? It’s true that raising capital doesn’t come easy. But whether you’re raising six figures for your single-family deal or eight figures for your multifamily apartment investment, you will need to have conversations with potential investors in order to gain their trust and confidence so that they will entrust their money to you. But, is there a way to make capital-raising easier?
Our Gracious Sponsor
Podcast Production Services
The team that produces The Real Estate Syndication Show is now available to produce podcasts for you! View our list of services and rates here or book a call to know more!
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Our guest today, Marcin Drozdz, managing partner at M1 Real Capital has devised a systematic way to raise capital from private investors. He created the E.A.S.Y. system, a four-part method of approaching potential investors to raise capital for your deals. He goes through each of the four components of the E.A.S.Y. system and teaches how they can be applied. He also talked about his own journey to a successful career in capital raising and investor relations. Click now and learn insider secrets about communicating with potential investors and raising money.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Marcin’s real estate background starting in private equity to multifamily investing and mentoring specializing in capital raising.
- Marcin introduces the E.A.S.Y. system, a four-part approach to raising capital
- Marcin explains each of the four components of the E.A.S.Y. system.
- Why it is important to talk to potential investors in relatable terms using simple language.
- How Marcin carved his path toward a successful career in capital and investor acquisitions.
- The biggest challenge in Marcian’s business over the last year.
- Current challenges in deal flow and capital raising
- Marcin’s predictions on the real estate market and how his company prepares for a downturn.
- His source of news investors and the metrics that he tracks.
- Why learning how to read financial statements is crucial to business success.
- The daily habits that keep Marcin on track and the main thing that contributed to his success.
- Marcin’s way of giving back and his contact details.
“Demonstrating competence creates abundance.” [14:44]
“If you have a buy and hold mentality, refi till you die.” [22:12]
“Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t lie.” [24:57]
“Being a great asset manager and a custodian of somebody else’s capital is understanding how to read financial statements.” [25:16]
“Acknowledge and try to celebrate the small wins along the way.” [30:12]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Marcin Drozd
Marcin started investing in real estate in 2006 and has since sourced nine figures in private capital that have helped acquire over 1,500 units across the US. On the tail end of the 2008 crash, Marcin and his team raised an 8-figure fund and invested in commercial properties in Arizona.
Today, Marcin is the Managing Partner of M1 Real Capital where he and his team focus on acquiring value-add multifamily properties throughout the southeast. When he’s not on the lookout for opportunities, Marcin is teaching up-and-coming real estate investors how to raise capital and scale their real estate business.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: