Whether they play an active role or stay behind the scenes, your family plays a big role in the success of your business. But you know what they say in business – it’s lonely at the top. So, why not bring your family with you on your entrepreneurial journey? Why not create a happy home and family life so you can enjoy your business success to the fullest?
Our Gracious Sponsor
Multifamily Investor Nation Convention
Join Shaquille O’Neal, Barbara Corcoran, and Jocko Willink at this year’s MFINCON in Charlotte, NC. on June 23-25th!
𝙂𝙀𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙏𝙄𝘾𝙆𝙀𝙏 𝙉𝙊𝙒!
USE PROMO CODE: LIFEBRIDGE for $200 off!
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this 2-part interview, Julia Barbaro, mom of 6, wife to Gino of Jake and Gino, Certified Life & Marriage coach, podcast host, and author talks about her family experiences navigating the real estate business journey. She recounts the struggles and difficulties the family had to overcome as she offers meaningful ways you can strengthen family bonds. Listen and learn how to build deeper relationships so you can build a happy home and complete your business success. Tune in now and watch out for the second part of this interview in episode 1342.
Key Points From This Episode:
- A major change brought struggles and difficulties to the Barbaro family.
- Julia’s awareness, even if passive, of her spouse’s work situation and circumstances made it easier for her to support his plan.
- In retrospect, Julia believes their decision-making process could have been easier if they had better husband-wife communication.
- Julia emphasizes that verbally asking for each other’s support and encouragement opens the door to a solid relationship.
- The reason why we often avoid communicating.
- How Julia and Gino improved their communication process.
- Why it’s crucial for business owners or career professionals to explain to family members in understandable terms what the business or the work means for you and the family.
- How Julia handles challenging situations with her kids and why it’s important for kids to be aware that parents argue and disagree but subsequently make peace.
- The way Julia gives back.
- The two children’s books that Julia wrote to help parents educate their kids about decision-making, responsibility, and having mentors.
“If you’re trying to explain to your wife or get their support, are you putting in the effort? Do they see it?”
“We don’t ask for our spouse’s encouragement half the time. We just expect it.”
“We try to avoid the pain. We try to avoid the fear so we pretend we’re okay.”
“A lot of times we don’t communicate because we don’t know-how. If we don’t know how to do something, we avoid it.”
“If your wife or your child or your parents or somebody doesn’t understand the excitement behind what you’re doing, explain it to them in their language so they could understand it, and then they could share in your excitement.”
“We’re used to talking all the time, no one’s really listening as we should.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Julia Barbaro
Julia Barbaro is a homeschooling mom of six wonderful children, wife, and Certified Life & Marriage coach. She is an integral part of the behind-the-scenes operations of her husband, Gino’s, business ventures, including Jake & Gino and the Rand family of companies.
Julia was inspired to become a Certified Life and Marriage coach after witnessing the power of coaching. She felt compelled to give back and motivate others to set goals, seek out their soul purpose, and ask what’s next in their life. Julia’s passion is to empower couples to strengthen their mind, and their communication, overcome obstacles and seek clarity. Together, she helps them create a life plan for themselves as well as encourages parents to guide their children to adulthood.
Julia is the author of “The Cannolis Exploded! Now What?” a children’s book about decision-making and different paths we can take in life. Julia and her family live in St Augustine, Florida where they enjoy the old city and the simple beach life.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: