For most real estate entrepreneurs, taking the big leap was their first step into the real estate industry. Some left their W2 job and some accidentally found their way into the business. No matter what your story is, this #Highlights episode will surely resonate with you. Tune in as we feature our conversations again with Ken Wimberly and Eng Taing.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Ken opens up about why finding a business coach accelerated his trajectory, helping him set goals and visualize his future. Meanwhile, Eng shares his journey into real estate, how he re-optimized his capital, and how he learned from others through investing with them. Click the play button now and be inspired to invest in real estate today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- From selling land to creating an app, hear about Ken’s investment journey.
- Why Ken pivoted to a different asset class after the 2008 recession.
- How Ken’s Legacy of Love app helps families to memorialize their history.
- The incredible impact of finding the right business coach.
- Eng shares a bit about his background, his career, and his motto for success.
- Buying real estate, volunteering with the Peace Corps, and reintegrating into corporate America.
- Now that he has financial freedom, Eng left Apple to pursue real estate investing full-time.
- Eng’s first investment, how he generated cash flow, refinanced it, and reinvested the equity.
- How Eng actively re-optimized his capital when he was starting out, which allowed him to accelerate investments.
- Investing with people that were open to sharing their experiences with him helped Eng learn.
“Started investing in some other people’s deals and putting some money there. So started slowly kind of building my own portfolio, my own wealth into that. The success in that led to opportunities through some other things.” – Ken Wimberly
“My goal is to help as many other parents as possible to capture the moments that are happening in their lives or the memories they’re creating. Or the lessons that they want to pass down so that they can later pass that on to their children can be passed on to their grandchildren and future generations.” – Ken Wimberly
“My coach kind of helped me with goal-setting, and helped me kind of visualize where do you want to be in the next three in five years right there?” – Ken Wimberly
“My motto for success was folks like my parents that worked and hustled seven days a week, and they had been very entrepreneurial. Now, they tell me to not do that because, if you’re struggling and you’re working very hard, you tell your kids to find security.” – Eng Taing
About Ken Wimberly
Ken Wimberly is the founder and visionary behind Legacy of Love, LLC. He is married to his soulmate, Amber, and has three children, Grace, Knox, and Kai. A serial entrepreneur, Ken is the founder and Chief Visionary Officer of KW Net Lease Advisors, a commercial real estate brokerage firm headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. He is a founding partner in Laundry Luv, a chain of laundromats with a mission to educate, equip, and inspire the community that they serve. He is also the Operating Principal and Franchise Owner of Keller Williams Realty in Abilene, Texas. From his many business successes, he has built 16 streams of passive income and four streams of active income.
About Eng Taing
Eng Taing is the CEO & Founder of Touzi Capital, an investment company focusing on high-cash-flow assets in Kansas City. He is an experienced real estate investor with $65M assets under management and 12 years of real estate investing experience and has focused on high cash flow investing to create significant passive income. Eng is an economist by training from the Wharton School of Business. He also has experience leading data science and analytics at Apple, Capital One, and AT&T. He applies that experience when identifying and underwriting investment opportunities and markets, and he is launching a new education platform called Financial Freedom Decoded, where he’s helping others decode the steps to finding their own financial freedom.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: