Having someone do a task better than you is not a threat but an asset. Today’s show is all about Life Bridge Capital’s team members and roles. And this team series’ first episode guest is Josie Risinger, Whitney’s “Right Hand” or “Swiss Army Knife”. She shared exactly what she does for the team. They dove deeper into their team members, their specific tasks and how those tasks are helping the whole team.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
On a deeper level, get to know the process of Life Bridge Capital in adding more people to the team – when they hire and how they communicate. Josie also shared some of the applications that have made the whole team effective in terms of productivity and efficiency. Tune in now and find out the best systems that can work for your business and the things you should look for when creating your own team as well!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Brief background of Josie’s experience before Life Bridge Capital.
- Same entrepreneurial drive: Josie’s key to being hired.
- Josie’s role as an executive assistant and how she provides support to Whitney.
- How Josie oversees the podcast production team based in the Philippines.
- The importance of having someone to be the ‘bad guy’.
- Why does Whitney prefer someone who questions his time?
- Josie’s effective system for emails.
- Josie shared that her big winners for communication right now are Voxer and Slack.
- How does Josie sort Whitney’s new ideas out and where do they store them when it’s for future purposes?
- Whitney and Josie talk about team huddles.
- What has Josie learned that has helped them to perform better?
- Why do Josie and Whitney encourage people to hire someone who speaks up and is bold?
- Josie talks about what challenges she thinks we’re facing in life right now.
- The important metrics that Josie keeps track of and her habits that produce the highest return.
“Just really championing that corner of this is his [Whitney] time with his family and we’re gonna figure something out, but we’re not gonna have a meeting during that time.” – Josie Risinger
“We’ve been able to increase our team and our ability to hire great people and really have employees that are, I think, more committed because we can be more committed to them.” – Whitney Sewell
“What processes can we change to increase ultimately our efficiency as a company, whether that’s just for Whitney, whether that’s my own efficiency or just across the team.” – Josie Risinger
“I think it’s increased our efficiency and productivity. Just working together and knowing how we communicate well and you know, when to say the hard things and when to not.” – Josie Risinger
“We run into the issue of the more we grow, the more time we need. Now that also means that the meetings get smaller. We can’t afford to have a one-hour meeting with everybody. Maybe that’s 20 minutes, that’s 10 minutes. So squeezing more into the same exact amount of time I think is a challenge.” – Josie Risinger
About Josie Risinger
Here at Life Bridge, Josie is responsible for both daily and long-term operations. She spearheads a variety of strategic initiatives to support our company’s function and growth, coordinates logistics between departments, and focuses on high-level administrative needs for Whitney and for Life Bridge Capital as a whole. Additionally, she works with our team internally to ensure we meet our strategic goals and metrics. She has experience in account management, CRM development, operational oversight, B2B sales, and executive administration.
Josie graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and a Minor in Entrepreneurship from Auburn University in 2018. She now lives in South Dakota with her husband, who is pursuing a medical degree, and their son, Dallas Wade.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: