After finding a real estate deal, the next thing to figure out is financing. In this #Highlights episode, we look back at our conversations with Anton Mattli and Yan Stavisski. The two talk about real estate financing options amid the Covid-19 pandemic and improving your credit score respectively.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Anton discusses his take on the current financing situation, how to stay up-to-date with what’s going on in key aspects of the markets, and how to go about your first deal from a financial aspect. Meanwhile, Yan sheds light on how he racked up enormous debt, and then, more impressively, how he clawed his way out of it. Tune in now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- More on Anton’s focus in the real estate industry: the middle-market and multifamily spaces.
- The current financing situation and Anton’s advice for staying up to date: read and stay in touch with advisors.
- How COVID-19 has impacted smaller loans to “newbie” buyers.
- The new route to go for new buyers: bring in and partner with someone who has experience.
- The most important question to ask: how would a lender underwrite this particular deal?
- Hear about Yan’s background, and one of his incredible superpowers, travel hacking.
- What happened when Yan left college and how he got into over $80,000 of debt?
- The skill that every entrepreneur needs to have — sales, sales, sales!
- Getting a job in cryptocurrency sales armed Yan with the skills he needed to go out on his own.
- The turning point for Yan and the steps he took to claw his way out of debt.
- Important lessons that Yan learned about credit repair and collections.
“One of the best ways to stay up to date obviously just stay in touch with the rest of the advisors, always live with us on the financing side, read a lot of reports from lenders, also read whatever report we can get. It’s important that you are aware of where the interest rates are in the marketplace, whether it’s the treasury yields and other interest rates that are driving the real estate financing market.” – Anton Mattli
“What is required is that you expand your network well before you find that deal so that once you find that great deal, you already have the ability to reach out to someone.” – Anton Mattli
“Anybody that’s considering bankruptcy, it is not – they should never ever be an option. Unless you got 20, 30 million dollars worth of debt and there’s absolutely no way you’re going to make payments.” – Yan Stavisski
“Travel hacking is interesting but it should not be the primary thing. It works very well when you have income coming in, when you are leveraging credit for a business, then it works tremendously well.” – Yan Stavisski
About Anton Mattli
Peak Financing CEO, Anton W. Mattli has decades of experience in commercial and investment banking, private equity, and commercial real estate. After graduating from Zurich Business School in banking and finance, he held senior management positions at major financial institutions in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Zurich. During that time, Anton was heading a bank branch, managed cross-border teams, financed and restructured commercial real estate worth several billion U.S. Dollars, and oversaw loan portfolios consisting of aircraft and ocean transport vessels. Anton also directed the structuring of complex cross-border commodity and trade finance transactions for Fortune 500 companies. Over the last 15 years, Anton has been advising family offices, high net worth individuals, as well as private investment funds, facilitating their direct investments in commercial real estate across Europe and the United States, including several hundred million dollars in multifamily developments and acquisitions.
About Yan Stavisski
Yan Stavisski is an American Entrepreneur and business leader. He has spent the majority of his career in the financial education space. To date, Yan is the CEO of King Credit LLC which focuses on educating entrepreneurs about finance, business, and credit. The company currently services thousands of customers each month that are looking for financial solutions to build their credit. Yan is a Graduate of Berkeley University, where he finished with two impressive degrees in both Marketing and Finance. In Stavisski’s free time he enjoys traveling the world, speaking at events, and sharing his knowledge on various podcasts.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: