In this episode, Whitney interviews Todd Dexheimer, Owner, Venture D Properties and host of the Pillars of Wealth podcast. Todd specializes in buying distressed properties, renovations and asset repositioning. Todd shares how partnering with the right people and focused capital raising efforts can help you find success in real estate syndication. What are some ways via which inexperienced syndicators can raise capital? Why should you consider multifamily syndication over fixing and flipping properties? And, is it necessary to start off with single family homes before making the transition to multifamily syndication? This show is loaded with some great nuggets that will help you immensely in your business. Tune in now.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces Todd to listeners
- 01:15 – How did Todd transition to real estate syndication?
- 04:35 – Tips and Tricks for inexperienced syndicators who wish to raise capital from investors
- 06:22 – Leveraging strengths of partners is key to success in syndication
- 07:10 – Why did Todd transition to apartment syndication from fixing and flipping?
- 07:32 – Are investors overly finicky about the returns that you are generating for them?
- 08:20 – The importance of partnering with the right people
- 09:27 – Benefits of multi-family syndication over fix and flip
- 11:47 – Todd shares details of his first syndication deal
- 14:09 – What advice would Todd give his younger self? Importance of over raising capital and educating yourself
- 16:46 – Should you start off with single family homes and then transition to multifamily investing?
- 17:38 – Common mistakes that syndicators make
- 19:32 – Should you be overly aggressive while syndicating a deal?
- 20:32 – What are some of the most exciting things that Todd is really excited about?
- 21:55 – Todd explains how you can generate good returns on your investment in hot as well as cold real estate markets
- 22:49 – Todd shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:35″]– A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Ways via which inexperienced syndicators can raise capital from investors
- Reasons why multifamily syndication is better compared to fix and flips
- Some common mistakes that real estate syndicators make