In this episode, Whitney interviews Aaron Howell, founder of Black Lick Capital. Aaron shares how you can transition from a stressful career to the syndication business and enjoy better work life balance. Did Aaron transition to multifamily syndication from the get go? Which resources did Aaron use to expand his knowledge base? You will also learn some great networking Tips and Tricks for finding investors for your syndication business. This show has some great value for folks who are looking to start and establish a sustainable syndication business. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Aaron to listeners
- 01:12 – Why did Aaron transition from running a pharmacy to real estate investing?
- 02:51 – Did Aaron plan to venture into multi-family syndication from the get-go?
- 04:09 – What lessons he has learned from his syndication experience so far?
- 05:02 – How to build a dream team for a syndication business
- 05:51 – Networking events for finding passive investors
- 06:55 – Why does Aaron prefer syndication of larger properties over an outright purchase of smaller properties?
- 09:01 – Resources that Aaron is using to broaden his knowledge base
- 10:02 – As a syndicator, do you need to put yourself in an uncomfortable position to grow your business to the next level?
- 11:01 – What steps is Aaron taking in order to reach his ambitious goal?
- 12:39 – How networking can help your business grow and reach the next level
- 13:40 – Should a syndicator avail the services of a SEC attorney?
- 14:21 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Aaron’s success?
- 15:40 – What has been the most challenging part of the syndication business for Aaron?
- 16:33 – Some major reasons why syndicators fail
- 17:55 – Aaron’s advice for inexperienced investors who wish to transition to the syndication business
- 18:30 – Aaron shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:03″] – Share, Review and Subscribe to the Real Estate Syndication Show
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:17″] – Special thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Reasons why the syndication business is a better alternative to many traditional businesses
- Resources that will help you widen your knowledge base and gain the necessary confidence to transition to real estate syndication
- Why syndication of larger properties is preferable compared to an outright purchase of smaller properties