Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, Whitney interviews Paul Barbeau. Paul reveals how inexperienced investors can overcome the challenges of real estate investing to step a sustainable syndication business of their own. How did Paul gain the confidence to invest in a 32 unit property after his first investment was a total disaster? Why is it critical to have a property manager as a buffer between the tenant and you? Watch out for the great resources that helped Paul broaden his knowledge base. This show has some great nuggets for folks who are looking transition to real estate investing. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Paul to listeners
- 01:15 – How did Paul transition to the real estate syndication business?
- 03:37 – Learn how Paul procured a 32 unit property with a mix of owner financing and bank financing
- 05:58 – Paul shares details of his first 57 unit syndication deal
- 07:33 – Why was Paul’s first investment in a duplex a disaster?
- 09:40 – How did Paul gain the confidence to invest in a 32 unit property after his first investment in a duplex was a disaster?
- 11:31 – Importance of having a buffer between the landlord and the tenant for efficiently managing a property
- 12:38 – How to cultivate relationships with brokers and find good deals for syndication
- 15:23 – Some great Resources that Paul is using to educate himself about the syndication business
- 16:41 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Paul’s success
- 18:16 – What is the most challenging part of the syndication business?
- 19:15 – Is it really difficult to find good deals in this hot real estate market?
- 19:57 – Pauls’ advice for folks who are just starting off in the syndication business
- 21:08 – Paul shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:43 “]– Share, Review and Subscribe to the Real Estate Syndication Show
- [spp-timestamp time=”22:04″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of hiring an efficient property manager
- The ART of cultivating relationships with broker and finding good syndication deals
- Tips and Tricks for folks who are wish to transition to the syndication business