In this episode, Whitney interviews DeAnn O Donovan, President and CEO at AHP Servicing & American Homeowner Preservation, LLC. DeAnn has extensive background in commercial and residential real estate, and has restructured more than $500MM in distressed assets to date. DeAnn shares some little known nuances for raising capital via a Regulation A REIT.
This show kickstarts with DeAnn sharing some background information about REIT’s. Why should investors opt for a Regulation A REIT? Is there a minimum investment that you need to make? And, what kind of returns can you expect? You will learn WHY you are better off investing your hard earned money with a SEC registered firm.
We reveal the latest and most relevant information which shall help you make responsible investing decisions. Tune in now!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
See The Real Estate CPA’s Special Virtual Workshop for the listeners of The Real Estate Syndication Show on How to Answer Tax Related Questions from Your Investors!http://bit.ly/TheRealEstateCPA-Syndication
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces DeAnn to listeners
- 01:10 – How did DeAnn get into the financial services business?
- 02:00 – DeAnn shares how AHP strives to operate in a socially responsible manner
- 02:25 – What is a REIT?
- 02:52 – Background information about American Homeowner Preservation, LLC; learn how they got involved in the syndication business via AHP services
- 03:16 – Details about AHP’s SEC Reg A offerings – minimum investment, expected returns, investor criteria and more….
- 04:16 – How does AHP manage to efficiently deal with the hundreds of investor queries
- 04:46 – How a SEC certified Reg A offering allows participation by small investors
- 05:26 – What is a Reg A offering, and what are its advantages?
- 05:56 – What is the quantum of funds that AHP raises for a typical Reg A offering?
- 06:23 – Is there a minimum lock up period for a Reg A offering?
- 06:52 – DeAnn shares how a good track record and word of mouth marketing has helped them with their capital raising efforts
- 07:56 – Do AHP’s offerings attract a lot of repeat investors?
- 09:00 – Is your investment safe in a recessionary environment?
- 09:48 – Typical profile of an AHP investor
- 10:24 – Reg A offering vs. IPO – What are the benefits of opting for the former?
- 11:08 – DeAnn reveals details about their current Reg A offering
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:08″] – Get your tax queries answered by the Real Estate CPA
- 13:08 – Tips and Tricks for investor who wish to vet a financial services company
- 14:33 – Reasons why you should trust a SEC registered organization with your hard earned money
- 15:33 – How to analyze audited financial statements of a financial services company
- 16:25 – How AHP treats homeowners and borrowers in a socially responsible manner
- 17:52 – What sets AHP apart from other financial services companies?
- 19:03 – What has been the most challenging part of the syndication business?
- 19:38 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to DeAnn’s success?
- 20:29 – DeAnn’s advice for inexperienced folks who are venturing into the syndication business
- 21:08 – DeAnn shares her company’s contact information
- 21:30 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”21:52″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How raise capital via a Regulation A REIT
- Minimum investment, lock in period, expected returns and other investment information for Regulation A REIT’s
- How to vet a financial services firm making a Regulation A offering
- AHP Servicing
- American Homeowner Preservation, LLC
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital