In this episode, Whitney interviews John Bogdasarian, Founder, President & CEO, Promanas. John’s expertise in acquiring, syndicating, brokering, investing in and developing various projects has helped Promanas grow their investor base from 7 to 400. In this episode, John reveals some great Tips and Tricks that will help you effectively network with investors and get them on board.
Can you grow your investor base purely on the basis of word of mouth marketing? What are some effective ways of networking with HNI’s and getting them interested in your syndicated deals? You will also learn how to answer common investor queries. Towards the end, we discuss some significant challenges in real estate syndication. This show is loaded with some great nuggets for new and experienced syndicators alike. Tune in NOW!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces John to the listeners.
- 01:17 – John shares his background, and how he got into real estate business
- 02:24 – Why did John transition to the syndication business?
- 03:59 – Was luck a huge factor in John doubling his money on his FIRST syndication deal?
- 06:18 – John reveals how he has managed to grow his active investor base from 7 to 300
- 06:55 – Can you grow your investor base purely on the basis of word of mouth marketing?
- 07:48 – How to communicate with prospective investors and get them on board
- 09:48 – Tips and Tricks for networking with HNI’s and having them invest in your syndicated deals
- 12:32 – John shares that his forte his raising capital and structuring deals
- 14:12 – Different sources for raising capital for syndication projects
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:38″] – Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February. Register Now!
- 15:37 – Common questions that investors ask before investing their hard earned money in syndication projects
- 17:09 – Do investors tend ask deal specific questions?
- 19:27 – Why is John pivoting from managing projects to project financing?
- 22:00 – How long did John take to raise $60 million for his last deal?
- 22:54 – Is it a challenge to scale beyond a certain level in the syndication business?
- 23:14 – Will you end up competing with yourself if you invest in really large projects?
- 23:48 – John’s experience for inexperienced investors who wish to transition to syndication business
- 24:50 – What has been the hardest part of the syndication business for John?
- 26:33 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to John’s success?
- 28:03 – How can you get yourself on John’s investor relation’s list?
- 29:27 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”29:58″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- Tips and Tricks for growing your investor base and gaining traction in your business
- Different avenues of raising capital in real estate syndication
- How to answer common questions of prospective investors
- Challenges of scaling up beyond a certain level in real estate syndication
- Get yourself on the investor relations list by emailing HERE
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital