Will a utility provider partner with you if you own a small property? What sort of savings and bottom line addition can you expect on inking such a partnership? You will also the nuances of structuring a contract with your utility provider so that you can draw maximum benefit on partnering with a utility provider. Tune in for some great money making tips!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
See The Real Estate CPA’s Special Virtual Workshop for the listeners of The Real Estate Syndication Show on How to Answer Tax Related Questions from Your Investors! http://bit.ly/TheRealEstateCPA-Syndication
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Kevin to listeners
- 01:22 – Kevin shares how his experience with utility companies can help you negotiate the best possible deal
- 02:13 – When is the right time for real estate investors to contact Kevin?
- 02:36 – Is a new owner entitled to a pro-rated share on an existing cable contact?
- 03:34 – Does the cable company need permission from private land owners? Which investment class
- 05:30 – Ideally, what property size would a utility provider be interested in?
- 06:14 – What sort of savings can you expect by hiring someone like Kevin?
- 07:12 – Apart from cable companies, which other utilities can you possibly partner with?
- 08:05 – Kevin shares six states with electric and gas utilities
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:50″] – Get your queries answered by the Real Estate CPA
- 10:06 – Kevin shares some little known tips for negotiating a better deal with utility providers
- 10:32 – How rehab plans can help you strike a better deal with your utility provider
- 11:26 – Can you arrive at a revenue sharing arrangement with a utility provider?
- 12:17 – Kevin explains the specifics of his commission sharing arrangement
- 15:13 – Questions that you should ask the utility company during negotiations
- 17:01 – Kevin recommends watching out for auto-renewal clauses in contracts
- 18:16 – How a non-exclusive contract can work in your favor
- 19:30 – Kevin shares how you can strike a deal with your propane provider
- 20:21 – What is the ONE thing that has contributed to Kevin’s success?
- 22:15 – Kevin shares his contact information
- 23:02 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:24″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to negotiate a good deal with cable companies and other utility providers
- Contractual nuances that you should be aware of when negotiating with utility providers
- Tips and Tricks for adding to the bottom line in real estate syndication