Kaykay Singh, CEO, Grow Rich Capital reveals how implementing the right Systems, Processes and Tools can help you avoid some common mistakes that inexperienced entrepreneurs make as they venture into the real estate investing business.
From an engineer to a gas station owner to a real estate investor – how did Kaykay manage to make this transition? Kaykay shares some great Tools which allow you to manage your investments in a hassle-free manner. What is the best way to learn the ropes of the syndication business? And, how do you conduct systematic due diligence before trusting a sponsor with your hard earned money? You will also learn some critical criteria for evaluating and spotting a value add deal. Tune in for some great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
See The Real Estate CPA’s Special Virtual Workshop for the listeners of The Real Estate Syndication Show on How to Answer Tax Related Questions from Your Investors! http://bit.ly/TheRealEstateCPA-Syndication
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces KayKay to listeners
- [01:17] – KayKay shares his background information, and reveals how he ended up owning a variety of businesses
- [02:26] – Kaykay reveals he was lucky enough to receive self-financing for his first property
- [03:47] – How Kaykay leveraged technology to manage his first property in a more efficient manner
- [06:20] – Tool and Resources that Kaykay uses to manage his real estate investments
- [07:11] – Why did Kaykay end up losing money in the fix and flip business?
- [07:48] – Kaykay gravitates towards multifamily syndication in a bid to save taxes
- [09:08] – How did Kaykay learn the ropes of the syndication business?
- [10:43] – What important lessons did Kaykay learn as a passive investor on his first syndication deal?
- [12:12] – How to conduct thorough due diligence before investing your hard earned money
- [14:05] – Tips and Tricks for vetting a deal sponsor
- [16:18] – Does portraying yourself as a thought leader help you in the capital raising process?
- [16:50] – Get your tax queries answered by the Real Estate CPA
- [18:06] – Kaykay shares his modus operandi for analyzing real estate deals
- [19:17] – Typically, what IRR can investors expect from a syndication project?
- [20:43] – Kaykay explains the concept of “Waterfall Equity” in simplistic terms
- [22:52] – Importance of conservatively underwriting your syndication deals
- [24:03] – How to analyze the cap rate to correctly estimate the future value of the property
- [25:56] – What has been the most difficult aspect of the syndication business?
- [27:01] – Criteria for selecting winning deals that are likely to generate maximum IRR for you and your investors
- [28:15] – Currently, what steps is Kaykay taking to improve his syndication business?
- [29:53] – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Kaykay’s success?
- [31:06] – Kaykay shares his contact information
- [32:12] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [32:45] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- Tools & Resources that will help you manage your real estate business
- How to correctly conduct due diligence on a real estate deal
- Optimum deal structure in real estate syndication