For today’s episode, we are joined by Robert Martinez of Rockstar of Capital Management, who gives some valuable insights into self-management and what it’s like being an owner-operator of a real estate investment management company.
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
While this extra responsibility may seem like additional work, for Robert, having skin in the game not only means that he is personally more invested, but it also allows him to make quick, on the spot decisions. Growing his company has been as a result of the incredible investment in his team. Real estate is a team effort and being a great leader means finding other people who have strengths that you do not and building them up to be the best that they can be. If you help others achieve their goals, they will return the favor, which will lead to greater growth overall. Robert also touches on some other aspects of business operations such as reputation management, branding and what the future holds for Rockstar Captial. For all this and more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some of Robert’s real estate background and how he got into his current work.
- How Rockstar Capital has managed to achieve such prolific growth.
- Robert’s motivation for self-management, rather than utilizing a third-party manager.
- What Robert has done to ensure a personal relationship with all of his team members.
- Heart and a good work ethic are more important than having the best skillset.
- How to find employees who are selfless and have a great deal of passion.
- The importance of good reputation management for real estate companies.
- Some effective techniques for conveying your brand message.
- Surround yourself with people who are where you want to be and use that as fuel.
- What the future holds for Rockstar Capital Management.
- Why getting the first deal is often the hardest part of real estate syndication.
- Having great video ads makes your content far richer.
- Leaving a legacy in whatever work you do is important.
[bctt tweet=”If you’re not promoting yourself, you’re demoting yourself. How are you going to know how great it is to live with us if we don’t tell you? — Robert Martinez” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Robert Martinez
Robert Martinez is the CEO of Rockstar Capital, an investment and multi-family property management firm specializing in the acquisition and management of value-add opportunities in Texas. Currently, the portfolio consists of 3699 units across 21 communities. As the CEO and founder, Robert Martinez directs the investment strategy, sources the investment capital, and secures the appropriate financing.
Since 2011, Rockstar Capital Management has been one of the most decorated property management companies in Texas with 17 city, state, and National Apartment Associations awards. Other industry achievements include Top Rated status by ApartmentRatings.com for the entire Rockstar portfolio between 2015-2018 as well as the distinction of having the #3 Rated multifamily community in Texas and #38 Nationally for online reputation by J Turner Research.
All four of Rockstar Capital communities ranked in the Top 1% nationally (out of 101,000 communities) in online resident satisfaction. Most recently, Rockstar Capital was included in the prestigious Houston Business Journal Fast 100 and recognized as the 15th fastest growing privately held company in Houston from 2015-2017. In 2019, Robert Martinez became the first two-two recipient of the National Apartment Association’s Independent Owner of the Year and was recently recognized by the Houston Business Journal as one of Houston’s 60 most admired CEO’s.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: