On this episode of your daily Real Estate Syndication Show, we are joined by Kavitha Baratakke. Kavitha is a principal at Cherry Street Investments and is an Austin-based accredited real estate investor who recently retired from her technology career of 20 years to pursue multifamily investments as a full-time sponsor.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Kavitha has been an investor since 2009 and is currently invested in over 2,000 doors in San Antonio, Dallas-Fort Worth, Atlanta, and Phoenix. Inside this episode, Kavitha shares more about her journey into multifamily real estate and how she has managed to build her network of investors through relationship and trust. We also dive into her tips for preparing for a downturn in the real estate market, why she values strategic partnerships, and how to think outside the box when it comes to building your community and connecting with potential new investors. For a fantastic and insightful conversation, be sure to tune in to today’s episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The lessons Kavitha has learned from her journey as a single-family landlord.
- What drove the decision behind Kavitha going into multifamily.
- Kavitha’s motivation for starting the Purely Passive Investor Group.
- Who is the Purely Passive Investor Group best suited for?
- Recognizing that the wealthy do not follow the 80/20 stock split investment rule.
- Why investing in commercial real estate and syndication is more profitable than single-family.
- Investing in the stock market versus a tangible asset: real estate.
- How Kavitha’s Facebook group has helped build her brand and business.
- Why the hardest part of Kavitha’s syndication journey was her first deal.
- The importance of partnerships in the real estate business.
- Preparing for a market downturn through conservative underwriting and stress testing.
- How to grow your business by building your network of investors.
- Why it is critical to have investors that are educated.
- The number one thing that has contributed to Kavitha’s success.
- Tips for raising capital and connecting with high net worth investors.
[bctt tweet=”If you do the same things everybody else is doing, then you get the same results. — @kbaratakke” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Kavitha Baratakke
Kavitha Baratakke is a principal at Cherry Street Investments is an Austin- based Accredited Real Estate investor and a full-time MF sponsor with over 10 years of investing experience in single-family and multi-family real estate. She has successfully acquired, rehabbed, managed and operated several single-family and multi-family investment properties in the Central Texas area. Kavitha is currently invested in over 2000 doors/units in San Antonio, DFW, Atlanta, and Phoenix MSA as a Limited Partner and over 450 doors as a General Partner and Key principal.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: