On the show today we welcome our special guest, Mark Willis. Mark is a certified financial planner, #1 Best Selling Author and the owner of Lake Growth Financial Services, a financial firm. He shares some hugely valuable insights into advising people while investing in real estate.
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Gene Trowbridge and Jillian Sidoti, founding partners of the top syndication law firm Trowbridge Sidoti, have a legal team with over 88 years of combined legal experience. That team, along with their amazing support staff, has helped clients raise over 3.7 billion dollars in offerings by being dedicated to empowering entrepreneurs to raise capital legally, while allowing them time for other important things in their life. To learn more, visit the Crowdfunding Lawyers YouTube channel or website.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He emphasizes the importance of asking good questions to help people open up their minds to real estate investing. We discuss different financial vehicles, understanding different asset classes and knowing where to invest your money that will yield the best returns. There is a lot of good in real estate but there are some risks too and Mark is here today to help answer some of the questions people might have around investing in real estate and what to look out for! So, if you’re interested in real estate investing or even turning your debt into wealth, keep listening!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Mark shares his background and how he got into financial planning.
- Saving versus investing and why real estate is making more money than stocks.
- Helping people open up their minds to real estate investing by asking good questions.
- Over 450 financial vehicles out there and putting the right ones together.
- Deciding whether you want to be taxed today or in the future.
- Understanding diversification versus focus.
- All you need is two sides to a really good barbell: safety, predictability and liquid access to money on one side and important, necessary and understandable risks on the other side.
- Knowing what you’re doing and paying attention.
- There is power in learning to think like a banker rather than to think like a borrower.
- Preparing for the potential downturn in the market.
- Hear how Mark’s team and the people around him has contributed to his success.
[bctt tweet=”If you put the right financial vehicles together you can create something even more explosive, even better than they would be on their own. — @LakeGrowth” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Mark Willis
Mark Willis is a man on a mission to help you think differently about banks, Wall Street’s abuses and from financial uncertainty. After graduating with six figures of student loan debt and discovering a way to turn his debt into real wealth as he watched everybody lose their retirement investments and home equity in 2008, he knew that he needed to find a sane way to meet his financial objectives and those of his clients.
Mark is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER, a #1 Best Selling Author and the owner of Lake Growth Financial Services, a financial firm in Chicago, Illinois. Over the years, he has helped hundreds of his clients take back control of their financial future and build their businesses with sophisticated, tax-efficient financial solutions. He specializes in building custom-tailored financial strategies that are unknown to typical stock-jockeys, attorneys, and other financial groups. As co-host of the Not Your Average Financial Podcast, he shares some of his strategies for investing in real estate, saving and paying for college without going broke, and creating an income in retirement you can’t outlive. Mark works with people who want to grow their wealth in ways that are safe and predictable, to become their own source of financing, and to create tax-free income in retirement.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: