Starting a new venture can be tough because it means you have to get out of your own way. You can choose to analyze and think forever or you can choose to take massive action, face your fears, and do it anyway. Today’s guest, Brian Wagers, knew that success was not simply going to come to him — He had to chase it. In this episode, we hear about Brian’s real estate investing so far and how he has positioned himself to leap into syndication soon.
Our gracious sponsor:
Adam Adams has raised millions of dollars by staying in front of passive investors. He helps you brand yourself online so you can attract capital which means you don’t have to be a great salesperson to do this. His clients are getting noticed by passive investors. He calls his clients Money Magnets because money is literally being attracted to them. There is a qualification process to work with Adam. Ready to take yourself to the next level? Apply to work with Adam here: http://bit.ly/RaisingMoneyCoach.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He walks us through the details of his deals, including finding and financing them. Brian also shares how he moved past the fear of not knowing everything and how he built up confidence along the way. By reaching out to local commercial lenders in his area, Brian put himself out there and increasingly grew his knowledge, self-belief, and capabilities. Along with this, we also touch on going to college versus starting a business, where Brian sees the next 12 months in the real estate market going, and stress tests to prepare for a downturn. Be sure to tune in today to hear it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Get to know Brian and hear about his real estate journey.
- The story of Brian’s first deal and how staying in contact with the broker paid off.
- Brian’s current mode of operating and preparing to make the move to syndications.
- Unlearning over-analysis and taking the first leap without all the knowledge.
- Partnering with his father-in-law on his first 12-unit deal.
- How Brian funded his subsequent deals through seller-financing and refinancing.
- Why Brian does not regret going to college.
- Preparing for a downturn with Brian’s portfolio.
- Brian’s predictions for the real estate market’s next 12 months.
- What Brian would have done differently on his first deal if he could go back.
- A recent business improvement, the biggest contributor to Brian’s success, and giving back.
[bctt tweet=”I would definitely go to college. I don’t think I would still be here where I am. Maybe I would be in a different state or somewhere else. — Brian Wagers” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Brian Wagers
Brian Wagers is President & CEO of Wagers Capital, an integrated real estate investment firm which he founded in 2017. WC operates on several platforms, directly managing active syndications for the acquisition of multifamily in growing markets in Northwest Arkansas and surrounding markets. Brian has acquired a total of 300+ rental units, valued at over $12M, since moving to Northwest Arkansas and seeing its incredible potential in 2015. He brings a focused dedication to the oversight of the portfolio, leveraging his local knowledge and relationships to execute our strategy. Brian is also a logistics manager for a Fortune 500 company, where he is the top broker in Northwest Arkansas and top 10 in his region. Brian earned his BA in Economics from the University of Kentucky. He lives in Rogers, AR, with his wife and two dogs.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: