Do you feel like you have less time for yourself? Are you being paid what you should be? Does financial freedom sound enticing? These are some of the questions Pam Scmardo asked herself ten years ago. For her, answering these questions was a career pivot away from mechanical engineering and into multifamily syndication. As today’s guest, Pam shares her greatest tips and insider scoops while busting top real estate myths.
Our gracious sponsor:
Gene Trowbridge and Jonathan Nieh, founding partners of the top syndication firm Trowbridge Law Group LLP have a legal team with over 50 years of combined experience in real estate syndication and the practice of real estate securities law. Over this time Gene and his partners, in several past firms and currently, have helped clients raise close to $5.0 billion dollars in offerings by empowering entrepreneurs to raise capital legally. To learn more about Trowbridge Law Group LLP, visit our website at www.trowbridgelawgroup.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We open the episode with a glimpse into her professional background and what led her to such a dramatic career change. As Pam explains, her early days in real estate were also her most defining, and set the tone for the success she enjoys today. You’ll hear about why it was important for her to have a good support network, and why finding a mentor was a game-changer. Our conversation then moves toward some of the ill perceptions of real estate. After hearing about why you don’t need to be a millionaire to get started in the business, Pam looks toward the future and gives us a six-to12 month forecast of what’ll happen in the space, before telling us how we can prepare for inevitable downturns. Toward the end of the show, we hear about her building blocks of success and explore her methods of discipline, daily habits, and her best ways of meeting new investors. Be sure to tune in with us, and remember that you can do it too!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Pam Scamardo.
- Pam talks about her professional history and her career pivot.
- How Peter Harris became her mentor and helped her secure her first deal.
- Pam shares advice to those wanting to get into real estate syndication.
- The importance of having a good support network around you.
- What a good mentor can do for you.
- Why getting a good team of investors around you is so vital.
- Reasons why you don’t need a lot of money to get into real estate.
- Hear about the misconceptions of house hacking.
- Pam’s six-to-12-month forecast for real estate.
- Hear about the hardest part of Pam’s syndication journey at this point.
- How Pam deals with downturns.
- Ways Pam gained such high levels of discipline.
- Pam’s daily habits which contribute to her success.
- How Pam gives back by getting involved with students.
- Pam shares her best source for meeting new investors.
[bctt tweet=”The work was coming in but I was having less time to myself. I realized that I was trading a lot of my time and effort for money. I was beginning to think here has to be a different way to kind of diversify my income streams. — Pam Scamardo” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Pam Scamardo
Entrepreneur Pam Scamardo is the Founder of The C.R.E.A.T.E Wealth Network – a top free educational resource for commercial real estate investing. Officially ‘retired,’ Pam is a mother and wife who discovered the benefits of passive income after realizing she did not need to be a millionaire to begin investing in commercial real estate. An aerospace engineer by trade, having been employed by Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and UTC Aerospace, Pam made a career pivot almost 10 years ago and founded her first company TPK Properties. The organization has successfully syndicated properties for investors in California, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington with the current portfolio valued at over six million dollars. She is passionate about helping others achieve “job optional” status through commercial real estate investing and wants to empower men and women along their journey to financial freedom.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: