Vacant units, low rent, and instability — these are the opportunities that Terry Hale is on the lookout for. As today’s guest, Terry tells us about what it means to reposition a property. We open the show by taking a look at Terry’s professional history and how he first got into real estate. After hearing about the path that led him to become an active investor, trainer, and CEO of a private commercial real estate firm, Terry takes a few moments to tell us about what goes into good repositioning.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
While sharing big and small details on what you should look for, Terry touches on location, pulling in cash flow, and creating dependable structures. We then dig deeper into Terry’s niche. He tells us why a shotgun approach isn’t the best use of your time, and why laser focus is a must if you want to achieve success. Stay tuned, and you’ll hear Terry elaborate on the topic, commenting on his time-efficient system, as well as fundamental aspects from his book. Toward the end of the show, Terry gives listeners his top advice on becoming recession-proof before discussing what he owes his success to. Be sure to join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Terry Hale, and his position in real estate.
- Terry shares his professional background and how he started his investing career.
- How Terry learned and became successful in his niche.
- Hear about Terry’s three-prong style of business.
- Some of the vital questions Terry asks himself and his clients.
- Why time is your most valuable asset and why you should avoid a shotgun investing approach.
- Terry tells us about recession-proof property.
- The reasons that self-storage are such low-risk investments.
- Hear about Terry’s book The Two Best Strategies to Profit with Commercial Real Estate.
- How Terry uses the cap rate formula when making deals.
- The system allows Terry to do one to three deals per week.
- The hardest part of Terry’s journey in real estate.
- How Yerry prepares for downturns.
- Terry’s predictions for the future of real estate.
- How Terry achieved such a high level of discipline.
- The daily habits which have contributed to Terry’s success.
- Terry shares his top tips on meeting investors.
[bctt tweet=”I identify properties that are ready for repositioning, which means that I fill vacancies, raise rents, and stabilize.” — Terry Hale” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Terry Hale
Terry Hale is an author of educational curriculums, numerous trade and business magazine articles, and has presented live seminars to over 200,000+ attendees across the nation for educational advisory services. Terry has been featured on CBS Radio, CNBC, and several syndicated radio broadcast networks as the leading authority in commercial real estate investing. Terry has over 20 years of real estate-related marketing, training, and teaching experience. Hale has been on several boards of directors providing Real Estate Education Programs and has assisted in negotiations, with years of diversified real estate experience. Terry’s commercial real estate training provides the techniques on how to find, pre-screen, evaluate, structure, and use negotiation tactics for repositioning and stabilizing commercial properties.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: