Today’s guest on the show is Ryan Narus, a mobile home park owner and Co-founder of the Archimedes Group, LLC. Ryan is a double graduate of Wake Forest University with an undergraduate in Psychology and an MBA. Frustrated with the golden handcuffs of corporate America, Ryan set out to build a portfolio of mobile home parks, but here’s the thing, he started with nothing.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
No money, no network, and no experience. He found creative ways to make money while he scaled his business up and, fast forward five years, Ryan now owns and operates 15 mobile home parks spanning more than 1,400 units. He is financially free, having successfully escaping corporate America, and he wants to help others do the same. In this episode, listeners hear how Ryan got from more debt than cash to where he is now, and how he took more than five years to read, self-assess, and prepare before he took the leap. He wants everyone to know that anyone can do what he has done, and he shares his advice for overcoming doubts from family and finding what you love to do at the intersection of raw talent and financial returns. Tune in today to find out more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Where Ryan is presently and how he got there from having more debt than cash.
- Transitioning from an unfulfilling job in Corporate America to going full-time in mobile homes.
- How Ryan took five years to read, self-assess, prepare, and then take the leap.
- Why Ryan suggests that listeners shouldn’t let their partners’ doubts be a hurdle.
- The hardest part of Ryan’s real estate journey has been finding what he truly loves to do.
- The importance of picking something you love to do – but it will be difficult!
- Finding the intersection of something you love, can be the best at, and something lucrative.
- How Ryan prepares for a downturn – by having his systems in place.
- Ryan’s predictions for the real estate market in the best six to 12 months.
- Ryan gained self-discipline through martial arts, but his driving force is his hunger to succeed.
- The best source for meeting new investors right now is Ryan’s podcast and LinkedIn.
- Ryan likes to give back in any way he can, through college scholarships or free content.
[bctt tweet=”If you get nothing else out of this interview, it should be that, once you find what you’re meant to do, you will find that all of this middle-class lifestyle, that you think you’re addicted to and can’t let go of, doesn’t make you happy. Literally moving into a mobile home will skyrocket your happiness. — Ryan Narus” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Ryan Narus
Ryan Narus is a double graduate of Wake Forest University with an undergrad in Psychology & Statistics and an MBA. He’s a self-made real estate entrepreneur who owns and operates 15 Mobile Home Parks spanning more than 1,441 units. He started with nothing. No money. No experience. No network. He was a 20-something with way more student loan debt than actual capital to invest in deals. What makes him different is that he refused to quit, he was willing to sacrifice, and take bold action. He found creative ways to make money while he scaled his business up. He was stuck in Corporate America. He escaped. And he wants to help others too.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: