There’s a Chinese proverb that says, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” Having purchased 36 units before reaching 25, Nathan Milazzo proves that you’re never too young to start your real estate journey. We open our conversation with Nathan by diving into how he discovered the industry in high school. Beginning with a live and flip, we then touch on Nathan’s investing highlights and how he overcame his first pain points.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
A key theme throughout the episode, Nathan emphasizes how living frugally has put him in a strong position to grow his portfolio. He shares insights into how he financed his deals and how his mindset and clear vision motivated him to work toward his goals, despite his young age. After chatting about the support he receives from his wife, we discuss the systems that Nathan uses and why finding the right people is important to landing a deal. In the latter half of the episode, we talk about Nathan’s biggest multi-family challenges, how he prepares for a downturn, where he gets his self-discipline from, and the habits that have led to his success. Whether you’re a younger investor or an old-hand, tune in to hear more about Nathan’s incredible story.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Nathan shares details about his background and journey into real estate.
- Hear about what Nathan did to overcome his greatest pain points.
- Why putting yourself through initial hardship can lead to high future returns.
- How Nathan landed his two properties through seller-financed deals.
- From a fourplex to 32 doors, Nathan explains how he financed his biggest deal yet.
- The importance of mindset in becoming a real estate success.
- Tips on helping your domestic partner understand your vision.
- Why creating the right systems and finding the right people is a key to success.
- Nathan talks about his most difficult multi-family hurdles.
- How Nathan prepares for a market downturn.
- Where Nathan sees the market heading and how he developed his self-discipline.
- Insights into how Nathan achieved success and the software that he uses.
[bctt tweet=”When you have great partners and the right systems in place then the size of a deal doesn’t matter anymore. — Nathan Milazzo” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Nathan Milazzo
Nathan found real estate investing by browsing through podcasts while mowing lawns during high school. This led him to wholesaling and doing his first deal when he was 19 for $20,000. Once he blew through all of the money within a few months, as most 19-year-olds would do, he searched for something less transactional. He closed his first house hack at 21 and still owns it to this day, but today it’s more of a house than a hack. He then used the equity in his house to purchase a fourplex and a 32-unit apartment complex for a total of 37 units. He is currently 25 years old and is happily married with a newborn baby girl.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: