Some asset classes, such as in the industrial real estate market, have gained a lot last year due to the high demand for warehouses and storage facilities because of the growth of e-commerce. Today, we speak to Neil Wahlgren of MAG Capital Partners and learn the ins and outs of this specific asset class.
A Guide to Passively Investing in Commercial Real Estate
Get your free copy of “A Guide to Passively Investing in Commercial Real Estate”. Inside you’ll learn the basics of passive income and real estate syndication, what kind of returns you can expect, how to find a sponsor, and how to evaluate the risks. Download your copy in the show notes or visit https://lifebridgecapital.com/investbetter/ to start your investment journey.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Neil shares the current environment of the industrial space. Neil says being the first buyer of the property is important. He also talks about whether location matters in this asset class or not. He emphasizes the importance of focusing on your core competency and knowing the risk involved in the deal. Click the play button now and learn the ropes of industrial real estate investment!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Neil talks about his business MAG Capital Partners, the asset class he is focused on, and his specialty in the real estate market.
- Neil shares the current environment in the industrial space.
- Neil elaborates on a recent deal they had that focuses on a specific asset class.
- The typical business plan Neil has on their projects.
- Why being the first buyer of the property is important?
- The specific market that Neil is focusing on.
- Neil shares whether location matters in the asset class he is focused on.
- The biggest risk in the single-tenant asset class.
- Neil talks about how he prepares for a downturn.
- Neil shares tips on how to assess the tenants’ business before sealing a deal.
- Neil’s predictions in the real estate market over the next six to twelve months.
- The daily habits that helped Neil achieve success.
- Neil’s best source of finding new investors right now.
- The number one thing that contributed to Neil’s success and how he likes to give back.
“Focus on your core competency and realize that ‘hey if we invest in a business, this is what we’re expert at.”
“As an ownership group, as an investment group, we really have a high degree of certainty what that cash flow will look like even 3, 4, 5 years down the road. I mean almost to the cent.”
“For our risk tolerance in our business model, we like being on the front-end (of buying properties).”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Neil Wahlgren
Wahlgren brings nearly two decades of leadership in operations and capital markets. Prior to MAG Capital Partners, Mr. Wahlgren led a Bay Area real estate investment firm, raising capital for over $200M in projects. Before that, Mr. Wahlgren piloted the C-130 in both the Air Force and Navy, logging over 2500 flight hours with combat tours to both Iraq and Afghanistan and concluding his military career as a Lieutenant Commander. Mr. Wahlgren resides in San Francisco with his fiancé and son and enjoys flying & sailing. Mr. Wahlgren holds a BS from the Air Force Academy, an MBA from Texas A&M, and an MS from Troy University.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: