Many people choose to pivot their careers and try real estate syndication as a way to achieve financial and time freedom. Today, our guest, Vikram Raya of Viking Capital Investments, shares the mindset shift he had from being a physician to getting into the real estate business. Vikram details how you can forge an investor mindset to help you achieve your goal.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Vikram goes into great detail about the five kinds of freedom he wanted to achieve. These are time, vacation, location, vitality, and freedom from stress. He talks about meaningful capitalism and how you can build a legacy and impact other people’s lives. He also goes into many different things that are helpful for you to grow your business and how he’s helping so many others to do the same. Join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Vikram talks about his journey from being a cardiologist physician and transitioning to being a real estate entrepreneur.
- Vikram talks about the mindset shift he had in joining real estate.
- The realizations Vikram had were that he needed to have an alternative source of income aside from being a cardiologist.
- What were the things that held back Vikram in making the transition in real estate?
- Vikram shares how he discovered real estate syndication.
- What are the things Vikram teaches to aspiring syndicators?
- Vikram talks about the physician burnout rate in the country and their want to pivot to other careers.
- What is the connection between being able to give back and the success of your syndication business?
- Vikram encourages entrepreneurs to think about their legacy and the impact they want to have on other people.
- What are the five freedoms Vikram wants to achieve: time, vacation, location, vitality, and freedom from stress.
- How does Vikram prepare for a downturn?
- Vikram’s best source for meeting new investors right now.
- The daily habit that helped Vikram to achieve success.
- Vikram elaborates on what the Eisenhower matrix is and how it can help you be productive.
- Vikram talks about the importance of self-care and giving back to yourself.
“I really think skill power is great but will power always trump skill power any day. So, between the two of them, I was able to maximize my abilities.” [0:05:27]
“I did this while running my syndication company, being a dad to two kids, and traveling with my wife all over the country while we’re doing charitable work, right? So how do you do all this? It’s because we have a destination.” [0:13:18]
“Hey, how come more people are not as successful and it’s because it’s not that they don’t wanna be successful, it’s just comfort kills drive.” [0:16:43]
“I love the impact and income (of real estate investing) but really, they gotta figure out where they wanna go, and define your destination. And, sometimes guys, this has happened to me, my dreams are not my destiny.” [0:18:20]
“For me, energy is a new currency, energy is the new money. If you don’t have energy, all the money in the world is worthless.” [0:19:33]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Vikram Raya
Vikram is a trained cardiologist and functional medicine physician. He is an international speaker, high-performance coach, and avid real estate investor. He has been active in multifamily real estate since 2015 and is a Founding Partner and CEO of Viking Capital Investments.
As a real estate private equity firm, Viking Capital is approaching 4300 units and $600 Million of assets acquired. Vikram has raised over $95 Million in private equity from high-net-worth individuals, doctors, and other professionals around the country who want to achieve true wealth and diversify their income.
He recently gave a keynote lecture at the CNN Headquarters in Atlanta with Dr. Mehmet Oz on entrepreneurship. He also is the recipient of the prestigious Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business Award on Wall Street.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: