Joining us in this episode is Heather Dreves. Heather has been in the private money industry for over 18 years, helping clients passively invest in alternative assets through high-yielding real estate funds and trust deed investing. She details investing in trust deeds or mortgage notes and shares its benefits and the unique opportunities open to people interested in real estate but lack time to invest in properties actively.
Our Gracious Sponsor
How do you make sure that you are investing with a “good” operator? Dan Handford and his wife are currently invested in 54 different passive real estate syndications with 16 different operators in 10,000+ doors. They use this exact list when deciding whether or not to invest with a particular group. Get access to the “7 Red Flags for Passive Real Estate Investing” to be confident in your next investment! https://www.passiveinvesting.com/redflags/
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Heather also talks about how they wanted to give opportunities to invest and create wealth to everybody, not just the high net-worth individuals. Hence, they opened up the Circle of Wealth Fund III for investors who aren’t in the accredited threshold yet. Listen now to learn more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- You are the lienholder against that property when you buy a trust deed.
- Secured Investment Corp raises money for people that don’t want to take the risk of buying a trust deed and foreclosing, but they can still benefit by investing in trust deeds and becoming more diversified.
- They have clients who can put as little as $1000 in their funds, and they manage it for them.
- They use their power notes for all of the loans that they originate.
- They call it private lending, and they only lend against residential, single-family one to four units borrowers.
- They are a bridge lender whose average loan term is 12 to 24 months.
- They are quicker and faster and don’t ask for as much as a bank would.
- Unlike most traditional banks, Secured Investment Corp looks at the property’s future value.
- Heather talks about their Circle of Wealth Fund III that has a $1000 minimum.
- She shares how they manage and keep track of all the back-end work, such as payouts and investor distributions.
- Heather shares tips on how she gets new investors.
- She shares some tips about their marketing strategy.
- What is the key to growing and scaling as they have done? What’s the key to their success?
“So, these small-dollar balances, that’s what this fund was really opened for, because we wanted to give that opportunity to invest and create wealth to everybody, just not high net worth individuals.” [0:09:57]
“And I think the one thing that I’ve always just prided myself on is being transparent and honest with people. People, when you’re raising capital, there is risk in all this, right? And anybody that tells somebody, there’s no risk in investing is not being very truthful with them, and I probably scare off more people than raise capital from because I want to be transparent and honest with them.” [0:14:57]
“The money and the success of our company is in direct relation to our clients being successful. If our clients aren’t successful, neither is our company. And so, we really focus around our clients.” [0:24:12]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Heather Dreves
Heather Dreves is the Director of Funding at Secured Investment Corp and a fund manager that oversees the management of the Secured Investment High Yield Fund II LLC and the Circle of Wealth Fund III LLC, Secured Investment Corp is one of the fastest-growing real estate lenders and fund managers in the US.
Secured Investment Corp has created two private equity funds to fill the void left by uncooperative traditional funding sources. Investors have the potential to earn double-digit returns based on past performance. By connecting real estate investors who needed non-traditional funding with passive investors who were ready to earn higher returns on their investments, Secured Investment Corp created an opportunity to benefit both sides.
Passive investors get higher returns and real estate investors get quick, competitive loans to use to purchase and rehab those properties that traditional lenders will not touch.
Heather enjoys lending money to self-employed entrepreneurs and their families. Watching people succeed in their business motivates her, and that’s why she and her lending team focus on transparency, mentorship, and making sure their people make their money back. She learned early on that focusing on the bottom line was not enough to sustain a business, and after foreclosures and property taxes caught up with many of her clients, she decided to change her approach.
Now, seminars, classes, and success and accountability programs are all ways Heather and Secured Investment Corp are ensuring that their clients earn all their money back (and then some).
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: