As a real estate investor, it is important that you do your own research and that you learn about the industry as much as possible. Today, our guest Rob Finlay of Thirty Capital details what you can do to be an expert on the industry and even become an expert underwriter. Rob and his company had spent more than two decades bridging the gap between innovation and technology to push the boundaries of commercial real estate.
Our Gracious Sponsor
Get educated on current and forecasted market trends and valuable insight on real estate-related topics from accredited experts; giving you a competitive edge in the industry.
Sign up for the next Agent Ignite session at www.theruethteam.com/events.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Rob shares that he grew up in the real estate. He then enlightens passive investors about the risks that they need to be looking for and why it is important to be an expert in the industry. He also talks in detail about blockchain and how it is related to real estate investing. Tune in now and learn about real estate and blockchain investing!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Rob shares how he got into the real estate industry. He also talks about the three businesses he’s focused on – real estate, joint venture investment in technology, and blockchain.
- The risks that passive investors need to be looking out for.
- Why do you need to be an expert underwriter?
- What questions should you ask a sponsor before investing in a project?
- What is blockchain and can it be related to real estate investing?
- Rob talks about the big difference between blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- What should passive investors and operators be learning to be prepared for the technology?
- Rob’s predictions in the real estate market over the next six to twelve months.
- How does Rob prepare for a downturn?
- He who has the gold makes the rules.
- Rob’s best source of meeting new investors right now.
- The daily habits that helped Rob achieve success.
- The one thing that contributed to Rob’s success.
- How does Rob like to give back?
“You really have to do your own homework and your own research, and almost become an expert in real estate yourself. And, the expert really is you need to become an expert underwriter. Even if you’ve been investing with people in the past, you’ve invested with sponsors and they’ve shown good returns, you know what the private equity model for commercial real estate is one that you’ve got to do deals in order to make money. And so, as an investor, you have to look at your latest deal the same way that you looked at your first.” [0:05:57]
“The business application for blockchain is starting to become very exciting and as we start to see the adaption of it, I think you’ll see it first on the recording of mortgages, recording of leases.” [0:19:22]
“Liquidity is always good, and my dad taught me the golden rule — you as the gold makes the rules and that’s that really comes out to it.” [0:22:20]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Rob Finlay
Rob Finlay, CEO, and founder of Thirty Capital has spent more than two decades bridging the gap between innovation and technology to push the boundaries of commercial real estate. He’s built a portfolio of commercial real estate assets, a financial advisory and services firm, and 10 technology platforms that open up access to data management and insight generation tools previously available only to institutional and enterprise operators. He actively invests in his communities and mentors emerging leaders.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: