Does cold calling work? As consumers have moved toward independent web-based research and online purchases and away from talking with salespeople, we doubt the value of using the phone in reaching out to prospective real estate clients. With new marketing and sales strategies available today, can you still effectively pitch your products and services using your phone? Our guest today, Jeremiah Boucher, founder, and CEO of Patriot Holdings, answers this question with a resounding yes.
Our Gracious Sponsor
Podcast Production Services
The team that produces The Real Estate Syndication Show is now available to produce podcasts for you! View our list of services and rates here or book a call to know more!
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Jeremiah got his start in the RE industry cold calling to source deals. And after 15 plus years of prospecting and calling, his company is still using phones, among other strategies, to call prospective clients and nurture good relationships. In this episode, he talks about his journey from his humble beginnings as a college dropout to building his multimillion-dollar portfolio in commercial real estate. Listen now and learn crucial lessons that can help you find your edge and build your own real estate business.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Jeremiah got his start in real estate after quitting college at 20
- His initial struggles in the business were door-knocking and cold calling to source deals for partners.
- What drove Jeremiah to persevere in the business despite the difficulties?
- Finding a mentor-partner who helped him gain confidence and expertise.
- How he expanded into manufactured housing and today continues to build a portfolio of self-storage assets.
- How Jeremiah sources deals in the current market
- How he nurtures leads to relationships that convert to deals and partnerships
- Jeremiah talks about his book, “Finding Your Edge”, his motivation for writing it, and how it can help RE entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Jeremiah’s best source of new investors now and the most important metrics that he tracks
- Daily habits that contributed to Jeremiah’s success
- Jeremiah’s way of giving back and his contact details.
“I smiled and dialed. I really hit the phones hard for a good decade. I dialed for years and years and built up, sourced 90 deals.”
“It’s always a relationship game at the end of the day.”
“Real estate is not just location. It’s timing. It’s being at the right place at the right time in front of that person.”
“Even in an unsuccessful deal, I learned so much that I was able to bring into another deal and build another relationship from that.”
“The connection is not driven through tech or some checkbox of achieving a task. It’s really getting out there and making the contact and connecting with that person.”
“Just keep in contact with people on your list, day by day, month by month. Consistency is key.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Jeremiah Boucher
Jeremiah Boucher is a value investor and the founder of Patriot Holdings LLC, and has specialized in the acquisition and development of alternative commercial real estate assets over the last 20 years. Coming from humble beginnings, growing up in Las Vegas and spending his summers working for his father’s paving company in New Hampshire, Jeremiah learned the real estate business from the ground up.
Jeremiah currently owns and operates a $200M-plus portfolio of high-performing commercial properties, ranging from manufactured home communities to self-storage facilities to industrial parks. He has spent his entire career in the real estate business, first by quitting college at the age of 20 and diving into the industry as a real estate agent and single-family residential investor. He pivoted into manufactured housing parks and helped build one of the largest manufactured housing funds in the country. Eventually, he separated his assets from the fund and created his own private equity and real estate management and development company, Patriot Holdings.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: