Will senior housing be a smart addition to your investment portfolio? In recent years, senior housing has proven its market resilience throughout all economies providing a stable ROI for investors. With baby boomers aging, people living longer, and a general acceptance of the idea of assisted or independent senior living and retirement communities, senior housing is poised to continue growing for years to come.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In today’s episode, we conclude our two-part conversation with Adam Benton of Stellar Senior Living. He talks about demographic trends in senior housing, the similarities between senior housing and multifamily, current economic trends, and his outlook on the real estate market in general. Listen to find out why now is a good time to invest in senior housing.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Demographic trends in senior housing and in real estate in general.
- Where Adam sources information about economic trends and the real estate market.
- How senior housing is similar to multifamily.
- Reasons why senior housing is a good investment.
- Staffing structure and requirements of a senior housing facility.
- Staff reputation and ability to provide excellent care matter most in senior housing.
- Creative ways to diversify and find new investors
- Important metrics that Adam tracks.
- Habits that produced the highest returns for Adam.
- The main thing that has contributed to Adam’s success.
- Adam’s way of giving back to the community.
- Adam’s contact details.
“As much as we do our best to make (the best) investments, the reason why we diversify is that we don’t always get it right, and so it’s good to have partners in diversification also.”
“Be very thoughtful and honest with yourself about the assumptions that you’re making, and whether those make sense going forward.”
“The best way to get information is just talking to people. It’s really just people that are in the know in the industry, in the area that you’re looking at.”
“Senior housing is just multifamily on steroids.”
“If you’re gonna be dedicating time to doing something, show up.”
“There is a ton of money on the sidelines that are trying to figure out how to actually invest in this economy.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Adam Benton
Adam loves working with seniors to help provide a “Stellar Life”. He was recognized nationally by Argentum (the leading industry association) with a “40 Under 40” award for leadership. He served for three years on the Utah Alzheimer’s Association board to advocate for seniors with dementia, raise awareness of the disease, and fund research.
He lives in Salt Lake City, UT with his wife and five kids, four boys and a girl, all redheads, a set of identical twins, and a favorite son with Down Syndrome. He completed a bachelor’s in finance at Brigham Young University and an MBA with an emphasis in Real Estate from Columbia University. He spent 5 years in finance on Wall Street and then co-founded Stellar Senior Living in 2011 with his family.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: