What are the ways you can invest in real estate precisely? How do you transition from your day job and at the same time learn about the industry’s ins and outs? Our guest today, Vasu Kakarlapudi of Apta Properties, gives us valuable tips on how you can successfully invest in real estate with precision.
Our Gracious Sponsor
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Vasu talks about how he and his wife decided they needed to find another source of income aside from their day job as ENT surgeon and dentist respectively to achieve financial freedom. He details that they see real estate investing as the best venue to achieve it. He also elaborates on the parallels between being a surgeon and a real estate investor – the importance of having education about this space, finding a mentor, and being humble and curious. Listen now and be inspired by Vasu’s journey in the industry!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Vasu shares his background as an Ear, Nose, Throat, Head & Neck surgeon, and how he ventured into real estate investing.
- The parallels between being a surgeon and a real estate investor.
- When did Vasu and his wife decide that real estate investing was their way to achieve financial success?
- How did Vasu find the time to learn real estate investing?
- Vasu shares that he’s both a passive and active investor in real estate.
- What was Vasu’s first project?
- Real estate is a team sport.
- How does Vasu look at the current economic climate right now?
- Vasu emphasizes the importance of sticking to the fundamentals when it comes to investing.
- Vasu’s best source for meeting new investors right now.
- Vasu describes multifamily as the most evergreen asset class in the industry.
- The most important metric that Vasu tracks.
- How did Vasu manage his time with family, a career as a surgeon, and as a real estate entrepreneur?
- How does Vasu like to give back?
“Ultimately, knowledge without execution is useless.”
“Real estate is the vehicle that was used by a lot of other folks, so we basically said, ‘Okay, we got to start and learn about real estate, find mentors, and ultimately execute on the knowledge and experience that we have.’”
“You got to take care of your body first and foremost.”
“If you are humble and curious, people who are successful in whatever you wanna do, they wanna help you because they see themselves in you.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Vasu Kakarlapudi
Vasu Kakarlapudi, MD was born in India, raised in Kansas City, and used his academic excellence to gain admission to an accelerated 6-year BA / MD program at the University of Missouri. He trained as an Ear, Nose, Throat, Head & Neck Surgeon and since has had a passion for bringing colleagues together. Dr. Vasu used his entrepreneurial skills as a founding board member of 50-plus physician-owned hospitals and created real estate opportunities for his partners through the development of multiple medical offices. In over 15 years of real estate investing, he has successfully grown his passive income and net worth in retail, medical office, senior care, and multifamily. It is that passion to pay his knowledge and experience forward as Managing Partner of Apta Properties.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: