Managing our calendar seems to be a challenge in all entrepreneurs’ lives as there never seems to be enough time in the day to complete all of our daily tasks. I know we can’t create time. It is the one thing that we all have in equal measure, 24 hours is all we get whether rich or poor, CEO or apprentice, remote worker or onsite employee. I am sure most of the time you’re wishing to have a few more hours in your day to spend with people who really matter to you or on activities that make you feel alive.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, let’s look at ways that we, as business leaders, can create more time. I go through my personal experience of founding Life Bridge Capital and doing everything on my own to releasing myself from tasks that can be done by others as the company grew. Find out how hiring key people have been crucial to our growth and have been critical in helping strike a balance in my work-family life schedule. Learn how I use time blocking to manage my schedule better and intentionally create more time for myself and my family.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Whitney begins by talking about something that he’s been struggling with since he started his real estate business – managing his schedule and balancing time for work and family.
- Whitney shares how his role in the company has expanded and evolved over time.
- Whitney describes how grueling his schedule became when he started doing podcasts on top of the daily demands of the business.
- Whitney details the progression of the hiring of virtual assistants from part-timers rendering 4 hours a week to full-time assistants as the business grew.
- What is time blocking and how does it help Whitney manage his schedule more efficiently?
- Why Whitney gave his assistant the authority to monitor time that should be spent for family.
- How hiring competent people for key positions in the company has allowed Whitney to focus more time on planning, strategizing, and culture building as leader of the business.
- Whitney encourages listeners, especially business leaders, to think about how they are spending their time. Is it for things that really matter?
“What appointments are keeping you from doing the most important things with the people that you say you’re doing all of this for?”
“If you don’t plan, you plan to fail.”
“What appointments am I having that are more important than having dinner with my family?”
“You have to have time to just think. You have to have time to plan and to strategize as the leader of your business.”
“The thinking part of your time as a leader is some of the hardest times.”
“What a blessing it is when you can bring on people that are better at the things you’re trying to get done. It just changes things drastically.”
About Whitney Sewell
Founder of Life Bridge Capital LLC, Whitney began his real estate investing career in 2009. Whitney’s passion is working with investors, helping them secure financial security via the exceptional opportunities that multifamily syndication offers. Whitney hosts The Real Estate Syndication Show, a daily podcast where he has now interviewed over 1400 experts providing cutting-edge tools and strategies for the syndication business.
Whitney and his wife Chelsea are on a mission to help other families through the process of adoption. They have personally endured the financial burdens that the process puts on families and have committed 50% of their profits to this goal, through The Life Bridge Foundation.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: