Many career professionals, especially those earning healthy incomes, look for ways to put their money to work, earn passive income and potentially build wealth. Thus, many, especially those holding a lucrative day job, turn to passive real estate investing to accomplish these goals. While most remain passive investors, there are highly-motivated and driven individuals who go on to active investing as general partners or co-GPs in multifamily syndication.
Our Gracious Sponsors
Vox Valens Media
The team that produces The Real Estate Syndication Show is now available to produce podcasts for you! View our list of services and rates here or book a call to know more!
DEAL ANALYSIS WORKSHOP
Deal Analysis. The #1 Critical Skill EVERY Multifamily Investor MUST know!
Want to take your investing career to the next level? Then check out Think Multifamily’s Deal Analysis Workshop.
For more information, go to www.ThinkMultifamily.com/daw.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Such is our guest in today’s episode. Building a 15-year career in the IT industry, Rama Krishna Chunchu of Usha Investment Group has now chosen the path to active investing in the multifamily syndication space. Before doing so, he pursued various means of learning real estate investing – from reading books, listening to podcasts, attending conferences, joining mastermind groups, and investing in deals as a passive investor. Listen now and gather how an IT professional gets a start in real estate investing and becomes a co-GP in multifamily syndication.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Rama’s career background.
- How Rama got into real estate investing.
- How Rama educated himself about the various aspects of multifamily syndication.
- Rama’s experience as a passive investor in syndication.
- How Rama became a general partner (co-GP) and ran his first syndication.
- How did Rama analyze the first property for syndication and what made it a compelling investment?
- Facts and figures about the syndication deal and the acquired property: acquisition cost, financing and funding source, average rent per unit, occupancy rate, and % change.
- What improvements or additions were made to the purchased property?
- What were the challenges encountered in operating the property?
- Lessons that Rama learned from the first syndication.
- Rama’s current role and responsibilities in the syndication.
- Rama’s contact details and information on Multifamily AP360 Virtual Summit.
“Managing multiple assets and also working full-time is a bit challenging so I thought of scaling through other aspects and that’s how I found multifamily.”
“I started exploring multifamily by learning, by reading books and listening to podcasts like this, and also attending conferences.”
“I started investing passively in a couple of deals then moved toward the active side.”
About Rama Krishna Chunchu
Rama is the Founder of USHA Investment Group LLC. Rama Krishna is both an active and passive investor in multi-family apartment syndications. Equity partner in 750+ units’ multifamily assets, in FL, MD, and NC markets. GP in 64 units. With more than 15 years of experience as an IT professional, Rama Krishna brings his expertise to analyzing markets, underwriting deals, raising capital, and asset management.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: